Child of the Moon

Adelaide went to Granny's that night and was surprised to see everyone there, Henry came over and hugged her. She then turned to David.

"What are we celebrating?"

"The dwarves found diamonds in the mines, by tomorrow morning we'll have fairy dust." David said coming over with two tankards in his hands, one for him and one for Adelaide.

"Well I'll drink to that!" Adelaide said causing the rest of the crowd cheer as she took the tankard from David and drank. As she did Leroy/Grumpy spilled his drink almost all over him.

"That was quite a spill, are you okay?"

"I've had worse." Leroy said, Adelaide's eyes wonder over to Ruby who looked slightly uncomfortable so she placed her glass down and went over to help, she grabbed Belle's hand on the way over.

"Um, tonight's actually not great because-"

"We actually have plans, the three of us." Adelaide said and Belle now understood why she'd been dragged away, Adelaide could tell by the look on Ruby's that she was thankful for the help.

"That's right... it's girls night, I'm bringing the cheese. Which has nothing to do with you being a mouse, it has to do with the wine,"

"Okay, um... maybe next time."

"Thank you," Ruby said as Billy walked away.

"I have a good radar for a girl in trouble... which is odd because he seemed really nice."

"It's complicated..." Ruby said and Adelaide noticed that she was looking at the clock, Adelaide knew exactly what Ruby was thinking. Ruby walked away so Adelaide went to where Henry and David were.

"Is that coffee?"

"No," Henry said but both David and Adelaide knew that he was lying to them.

"Trying to stay up huh?" Adelaide said as Henry moved up so she could sit next to him. "Still worried about those nightmares? Well you don't have to be, cause tonight David's going to be there to protect you."

"I will always be there. If it makes you feel better, I'm sure Adelaide would stay too." Henry nodded to let them know that's what he wanted. Adelaide smiled down to him to tell him that she would do what he wanted.

"Let's get you some cocoa instead, it's much better than coffee." Adelaide said as they left David in the booth the two of them going to Granny's bar side and ordered two hot chocolates with cinnamon.

"Were you ever a mother?"

"What?" Adelaide asked turning to Henry confused.

"In your old life, did you and your husband ever..."

"No, we didn't... we weren't ever given the chance."

"Well you should have been, you'd have been a great mother." Henry said turning back to his cocoa just in time to miss the single tear that Adelaide allowed to leak because Henry was right, she should have been.

*

Adelaide sat in her tower, staring out of the little window that was her only connection to the outside world. She sat there with her hand on her stomach, knowing the sad truth that she hoped to hide. She couldn't let this happen, not whilst she was here.

"Looking for something dearie," Adelaide closed her eyes but turned around to see Rumpelstiltskin looking at her. "Well aren't you practically glowing,"

"I should have known,"

"Well of course I knew dearie, you don't get married without a consummation. Motherhood suits you well." He meant that, she was even more beautiful with her pregnant glow.