Chapter 8

I watched Dom deal with business and the man just commands attention and respect, everyone gravitates towards him, the men just as well as the women. Letty's possessiveness is more understandable now, the man is a walking STD magnet. Women flock to him and he's not one to shy away from female attention, I've always known that but tonight he's distracted and all of the females noticed. They tried to get and keep his attention on them but it never worked. I can't help but wonder what's got his head out of the sexual prowess games.

When it comes to business though, he's all business. That's why people keep coming back even though they know they're gonna lose. Dom's professional in a world where respect goes out of the window faster than cars can burn through NOS. He keeps his word and is cordial if not respectful to everyone because respect is earned, and he's earned it from everyone here.

"How we doing this tonight?" one of the racers said, I believe Dom called him Edwin.

"One race, $2,000 buy in. Winner takes all, Hector, you're going to hold the cash." Dom replied.

"Why Hector?" I asked him, leaning back against Dom's car.

"Yeah, why him?" the third racer asked.

"'Cause he's too slow to make away with the money, man." Edwin said, making all the people around us laugh, everyone but Hector of course.

"Okay, good luck guys." Dom smirked.

"Hey, wait! Hold up!" Brian called out when the guys started to walk towards their cars.

"Read the room blondie, you're not welcome here." I said, making the guys around me laugh and my brother tensed up.

"Listen, I don't have any cash but I do have the pink slip to my car." he said, waving the slip.

"Oh ... can I ..."

"Down girl." Vince said, pulling me back.

"You can't just climb in the ring with Ali, 'cause you think you box." Jesse argued.

"He knows I can box." Brian said, smugly pointing to my brother.

"And you know I box punk ass, my knuckles look really pretty on your jaw." I told him, making the guys laugh again and start clowning him.

"You did that?" Hector asked, chuckling.

"Bet your ass I did." I smiled.

"Badass." he said, fist-bumping me.

"Check it out, it's like this. I lose, the winner takes my car, clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash ... and I take the respect." Brian said, making me scoff at the cheesiness.

"Respect." Dom repeated.

"To some people, that's more important." Brian replied.

"That your car?" Dom asked, nodding to Jesse and I.

I raced the boy genius and got under the hood first.

"I see a cool air intake ..." I started to say.

"It's got a NOS fogger system and a T4 turbo, Dominic." Jesse added.

"I see an AIC control, it has direct port nitrous injection." I interrupted, wiggling my eyebrows at him when he glared at me.

"Yeah and a stand-alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend $10,000." Dom said.

"You see that shit?" Edwin asked as he walked over. "He's got enough NOS in there to blow himself up. Period."

"From your mouth ..." I muttered, making Jesse smile.

"So what do you say? Am I worthy?" Brian asked Dom.