Chapter 47

"D ... I'm sorry." Vince said as soon as Mia and Brian closed the door.

"No, you're not, you meant to inflict that pain on him and by association on me. Why can't the two of you just act like grown fucking men? I'm outta here." I said.

"Wait, Tiny, don't go." Dom quickly said.

"You're kidding me, right? You know damn well that Vince would never do anything to harm us. To harm me! You know this!" I argued.

"He knew about the damn chip since he got here and waited for us all to go to sleep to come to slip it out of the damn radio to hide it and then give it back to Reyes." Dom said, making me look at my brother with wide eyes.

"Vince ..."

"I will do whatever I have to do to keep you safe." he told me.

"No apology ... no I should've told you the truth?" I asked him.

"No." he honestly replied.

"Okay then. You don't feel bad for lying to us and you don't feel bad for throwing him out knowing that he's in just as much danger as the rest of us because you got mad." I told them.

"He put you in danger!" Dom argued.

"I would never put my sister in danger." Vince angrily stated.

"Do the two of you realize just how fucking immature you look right now? How absolutely fucking ridiculous this is? Low blows and rejections? Grow the hell up." I told them, turning towards the door.

"Where are you going?" both of them asked.

"Out there."

"Baby ... please don't go." Dom said and there was something in his voice, in the tone and the look in his eyes that worried me.

"What is it?" Vince asked, catching it too.

"Reyes said ... when they had us tied up ... he said they ... he said he was gonna find you and ... please don't go." he pleaded.

"D ... please stay." Vince said.

"Oh, so you can agree on something? Both of you know damn well that I can take care of myself." I argued.

"I'm not saying that you can't, I'm asking you ... baby, I'm begging you to stay here, stay with me." Dom said.

"Des, please, for your own safety and our peace of mind. D, I am sorry for hurting you and I would never do anything to put you in harm's way." Vince said, wrapping his arms around me and pressing his forehead to mine.

"I know." I muttered, glaring at my husband.

"I'm not gonna pretend to be sorry for wanting to protect you." Dom said. "I will apologize for my tone, my brother, you don't have to leave."

"Nah, it's good, I did what I wanted to do. Des, you can come to my place if you want but you've gotta be either with Dom or with me. Please." Vince said.

"I'll think about it if the two of you idiots learn to actually act your age." I told them.

"You know that's never gonna happen." Dom chuckled, walking over to hug us. "I am sorry, brother."

"I know and I'm not mad ... I know you were just worried about her." Vince said.

"Doesn't mean she's not mad." my husband said.

"I'm going to sleep ... alone." I stated and locked the door when I entered the room.

As hard as I tried, I couldn't keep the tears at bay. All of this is already getting to me and we're nowhere near done. I'm a computer nerd and sometimes backup but I've never been in a situation quite like this before. Then you add all of the emotions, all of the people, all of the emotions, the attitudes. This is a lot more than I expected and a lot more than it was supposed to be. Fucking Brian and Mia never should've shown up here. We could've been done already and on our way home.