Chapter 58

I was breathing just as hard as my husband and did nothing. He moved away from Hobbs and they gave us a quick few seconds then he was quickly cuffed. They were careful with Mia and me, softer than with the guys, but we were also cuffed, just in front. They let me stand next to Dom as we walked, so while we waited to get into the damn vehicles, I leaned in and pressed my cheek to his shoulder.

"Tiny, I'm so sorry." he said, kissing my head.

"Shit happens, right." I sighed.

"No, shit doesn't just happen. I made this happen ... I promise I'll find a way to get you out."

"Elena ..." Vince sighed.

"What are you doing here?" the female officer asked him.

"You know each other?" I asked him.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend." he sighed again.

"I'm sorry ... what did you just say?"

"Baby, I'm sorry." he told her.

"Why would you do this? Now I have to turn you in." she muttered, cupping his cheek

"I'm so sorry ..." he muttered, kissing the palm of her hand.

We got into the vehicle and I ignored everything happening around me. I didn't look out the window, I didn't look at the people in the vehicle, Hobbs' vehicle, of course, but none of it matters. This whole thing is immediate jail time. If I can get a call into my contact, they might be able to get me out, but not the rest and that's a maybe, at best. I don't want my baby to be born in jail and then lose him or her.

"Ambush." Hobbs suddenly shouted, coming to a sudden stop.

Brian threw his arms over Mia, Vince, and Dom did the same with me. Hobbs shot out orders to his team and took off. There are too many men for them to be able to handle effectively, and we all know it.

"Baby, cut us loose." Vince said.

"Cut us loose." Brian repeated.

We were all shaken by an explosion, one of the vehicles was blown up. It broke my heart to see Hobbs' men die one by one at the hands of Reyes' men. Seeing Hobbs down was another shock, the man is built like a brick wall.

"Baby ... you gotta let us go so we can help him." Vince said, pleading with his girlfriend.

I saw the look in her eyes, the indecision. I don't blame her for it at all, not for any of it because I would feel the same way. However, she did cut them all loose. Mia hopped in the front of the vehicle with her as I grabbed weapons and handed them out to the guys. The adrenaline junkie in me wanted to go out with them, wanted to take these men down, but I didn't. I sat in the damn car and waited for them to come back to me.

As the chaos ensued and the body count grew, I counted all my blessings that none of my guys were one of the fallen. That's until Vince got back in, and I realized he was hurt. I quickly moved to his side, pressing my hands to his injured side to apply pressure.

"V ..." I cried.

"Hey, no tears." he groaned.

"No, you can't leave me." I sniffled.

"Not gonna go anywhere." he muttered.

"How bad is it?" Elena frantically asked from the driver's seat.

"It's not ... it can't be ... V, please hold on. You gotta meet your niece or nephew and spoil them rotten. Please don't leave me." I pleaded.

"Dom ... you take care of her." Vince said.