Chapter 44

"What?"

"Yeah, apparently they just got there ten minutes ago."

"How would they even ... Mia heard me talking to Vince that day." I muttered.

"Yeah, both of them are there.

"What would possess her to show up at Vince's house uninvited?"

"Baby, I really don't know but they're there and there's a job Vince wants to do."

"No, Dom please say no. Please tell me you said no." I pleaded with him.

"I said yes, because I thought it would just be the three of us."

"Please tell me V didn't tell them about it."

"He did."

"Fuck! He knows better." I argued.

"Too late to argue now, we should get there by morning and we're going straight to the job." he said, grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"Aw hell, all of you are idiots." I complained

"Baby ..."

"You are! Well, Vince is and idiot doesn't really begin to cover Brian so ..."

"Wanna tell the class how you really feel?" he chuckled.

"If something happens ..."

"Nothing is gonna happen."

"Let me guess Vince says it's an easy job and ughh." I stopped my own conversation.

"What's wrong?" Dom quickly asked.

"My stomach is rolling." I pouted.

"Hungry rolling?"

"No, like I'm gonna puke rolling. I knew I shouldn't have eaten that second quesadilla."

"I warned you ... do I need to stop? There's bottled water in the back." he said.

"I'll be fine. I'm just gonna lay the seat back and rest a little." I said as he stopped the car and got out.

"Baby, are you sure that you're okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's just all the stress finally catching up to me and a quesadilla I shouldn't have eaten. Dom, I'm fine." I insisted.

"I'll be keeping an eye out." he said, grabbing my hand and kissing my knuckles. "Get some rest and let me know if you need me to stop the car."

"I will." I sighed, feeling some nausea again.

"Destiny ..."

"Okay, I need to ... oh God."

I quickly opened the door and got out to effectively puke my guts up. Dom ran out and held my hair back. When I finished, he helped me back into the car and pressed a wet cloth to my forehead, before handing me the water bottle.

"Oh that sucks, I hate throwing up." I pouted.

"Alright, we need to get you to a clinic." he said.

"No, it's fine, it's just a stomach bug. The food ..." I insisted.

"Tiny ..."

"I told you I was feeling funny as soon as I ate." I argued.

"Yeah, you did do that." he sighed.

"Baby ... if I feel any worse, we'll find a clinic but for right now we need to go. I'll be fine."

"I'll be keeping an eye on you."

"That's just fine too."

He wrapped the blanket around me again before getting back into the car and cranking the AC. As he drove I fell in and out of sleep but thankfully didn't have to throw up again. I was a little nauseous but no barfing. Dom stopped along the way to get food and when I tried to convince him to switch with me, he insisted on driving. The closer we got to Brazil, the happier I got and as soon as we pulled up in front of V's house I saw him. I jumped out of the car and ran over to him.