Chapter 38

When I woke up, I could feel Dom softly drawing on my naked back with his fingertip. I let out a soft sigh and he just pulled me flush against his chest to kiss my neck. Turning my head, he pressed his lips to mine and just lingered there for a few seconds.

"Des, when you said you wanted a family with me ... did you mean it?" he asked.

"Hmm ... what brought this on?" I asked, turning my body so that I could look at him.

"We're gonna be on the run for however long and I want a family with you. I had a dream last night, you were smiling and your belly was big, we were starting our family in a pretty house by the beach. We weren't afraid of retribution or extradition, it was just the three of us together." he smiled.

"Well, when the time is right I can go off of my birth control. I want a family with you too, Dom. Whenever that time might be." I told him.

"I love you, Destiny Toretto."

"I love you, Dominic Toretto. I've gotta change my documents." I said, making him laugh.

"A new id with my last name seems right. Whenever you get around to doing it."

"In the meantime, we can introduce me as Destiny Toretto."

"I really like that." he replied, kissing me softly.

"So, husband ... where do we adventure next?"

It took us about a week to figure everything out. My boss knows of my situation and doesn't get involved since it never affects my work. I packed all of the computer stuff up and just took my laptop and internet hotspot as we drove away. We hit a few places over the course of about seven months but we ended up settling down in Panama. Vince and Mia had our contact information but were cautioned only to use it in case of emergencies.

Dom and I settled into married life quickly and easily. I had a much smaller tech setup than what I would like but being on the run means no more big and elaborate workstations. My husband, of course, started his own little garage and doing small jobs here and there. We had a really good thing going.

"Babe!"

"I'm in here!" my husband shouted, I found him in the bathroom under the leaky sink.

"I told you it wasn't important." I sighed.

"Yeah but the sooner I get it done, the less you'll have to complain about it." he smiled at me.

"How about I cook dinner for us tonight before I have to leave?" I asked him.

"When are you leaving?" he asked.

"Car will be here at 8."

"How about I grill some steaks and you make the sides?"

"Sure, sounds like a plan."

I was gone for about two weeks and I kept in contact with my husband through encrypted phone calls. These jobs have been getting more labor intensive and actual on-site necessities, and I'm loving it! The way it was set up works for me, I'm helping a team but I'm on my own. They make requests, I give them information, make way for them to do things, and then I get to go home. It's a lot of fun now.

When I got home, Dom was waiting for me and thoroughly showed me just how much he missed me. I woke up before him, the sun wasn't even up yet but that always happens, my internal clock is all thrown off. Not to disturb my husband, I got up quietly and walked over to the kitchen to get a drink. Our house is small, quaint, and just perfect for the two of us. I wasn't startled when I felt his arms wind around me, I just snuggled into his embrace, smiling when I felt his lips press against my neck.