Chapter 10

I'm thoroughly enjoying this spot, it's so serene and beautiful.

"Now that we're on the topic, it would be a nice nursery theme." he said.

"What would be?"

"Starry night. I come here a lot but I hadn't really noticed just how beautiful it all was until tonight."

"Hmm, that would be a cute theme." I agreed.

"Got baby fever?"

"Not at all, I'm not ready for all of that. It's a fun topic to talk about."

"Yeah, distractions." he chuckled.

"Distractions."

"So, what are your ..."

We spent almost four hours talking on the hood of my car at the spot. We just asked each other questions, stupid questions, and made stupid jokes. I learned about Dom and he did end up telling me about his family but he came to it in his own time. He already knows about mine and Vince's life but I told him about my time away while I was in school. He is a lot more than what people get to see.

I took him to the garage where he had his car parked and from there we separated to go to our respective homes. My brother's presence in my living room wasn't a surprise to me when I walked in. He was asleep and remained asleep, so I covered him with a blanket on the inflatable mattress that I'm using as a sofa.

Vince and I talked everyday while I was gone, we're all each other has left so I understand his fraternal worry. I just don't have an answer for the questions he's going to have for me. What's going on with Dom? I really don't know and I don't know if I'm going to any time soon. He said he wanted to get to know me but to what extent, I don't know that either. I tried to settle down but a phone call kept me from actually falling asleep.

"Yes?"

"You've got a new job."

"This couldn't wait for morning?" I yawned.

"It is morning."

"Not for me, I just got into bed 40 minutes ago."

"Duty calls."

"Damn it, what's the target?" I sighed, throwing the blankets off.

"Your target is ..."

I sat in front of my computer and started searching. These calls are the ones that bite me in the ass, why can't this wait for morning? It's the exact same shit I'm gonna find after at least 4 hours of sleep, but no! I did my best to work in silence which sucks because I like to work with music or a movie in the background. Don't wanna wake up this asshole and deal with his crap though.

"What the hell are you doing?" My brother asked hours later.

"Working, why?"

"How long have you been at it?"

"A couple of hours. Vince you're interrupting, what do you want?" I asked without looking at him.

"What I want is to know what the hell is going on between you and Dom."

"Nothing. We hung out once, last night, that's it."

"That's not it, do you think I'm stupid?"

"V, I think you're an absolute idiot and you know that so move on. There is nothing happening between Dom and I. As you pointed out, he's a ladies man and I don't got no time for that." I told him.

"Don't lie to me." He growled, spinning my chair in his direction.

"Get out of my face!"

"Talk to me, damn it!"