Chapter 45

As indifferent as I am to Mia, I am glad to see that she's safe. Brian, I really don't give two shits about.

"God, I'm so happy you're okay." Mia said, rushing over to hug her brother.

She turned and hugged me, this time I melted into it and hugged her too. We all had something to do with this and she's safe. It's a relief.

"I thought I told you to lay low." Dom told Brian in an annoyed tone.

"Been running on fumes, had to make a call." Brian said.

"Hey! Quit talking. We only got the two-minute window." The guy in charge said.

I looked over at my husband and laughed at the angry look on his face.

"Let's go, Vince." he said, taking back the authority within our group.

Vince just nodded and jumped into the first car. Brian had already put the keys in each car to make things move quicker, I guess. After my brother left something happened, I didn't catch it and I don't think anyone but Dom did. The guy in charge said something to his guy, and Dom heard it. He got up to get into the next car, the GT40, but my husband stopped him.

"Ladies first." he stated.

"Dominic ..." I sighed.

"Just trust me."

"V already told us that this is the car they wanted. Let them fucking have it and lets get this done." I whispered.

"Get going!" the guy in charge shouted.

Dom opened the passenger door for me and Brian opened the driver's side door for Mia which didn't exactly put me in a better mood.

"Dominic ..."

"Change of plans. Wait for my call." he said. "Mia, you know where to go."

"What the hell, Toretto?"

"Baby just trust me." he said.

"Famous last words, Dom." I grumbled.

"Be safe, I'll see you soon."

"You be safe." I whispered as he leaned in to press his lips to mine.

"I will, love you."

"Love you too."

He closed the door and the pit in my stomach just deepened and grew. This isn't gonna go the way he expects it to and I just know it. God, he can never make things easy on us. All he had to do was let them have the damn car but NOOOOOO, he's gotta go all Dominic Toretto on them and try to gain the upper hand. Let's just hope for the best, I am not feeling up to dealing with his crap. I still feel kinda queasy but that's beyond the point right now and not gonna help in the least.

"Are you okay?" Mia asked as the car got pulled onto the flatbed.

"Fine, why?" I muttered, hoping I'm not gonna puke as the car shook around.

"You look kind of pale. Do you need to get out?"

"No, I'll be fine, let's just get out of here. Where the hell are we going?" I asked as she backed off the flatbed and turned in the opposite direction that my brother took off in.

I didn't look into the mirror because I don't want to see shit hit the fan. That's just not what I need at the moment. My husband really does test my fucking patience.

"You don't look good at all." Mia said.

"Okay, stop the car." I told her.

As soon as she stopped I hopped out and barfed on the side of the road. She jumped out and grabbed my hair, rubbing my back slowly and softly. She found some napkins in the car and gave them to me to clean my mouth.