Chapter 48

CauseJJxx  It's your birthday YOU GORGEOUS HUMAN BEING! Here's an extra chapter just on your day.

I walked back into the room Dom and I slept in to have the conversation as hidden as I could. It took about seven minutes but I got what I needed ... hopefully. When I walked out, Mia was watching me but she didn't say anything. I know she was dying too though and I appreciate her restraint because I wasn't gonna tell her anything anyway.

The guys came back with some fresh fruit and fried breakfast foods. Dom surprised me with a pregnancy test and I slipped it into my bag to take it later. He's so excited about the possibility of me being preggo and I don't know if I am. This is not the best situation to be pregnant in and at this point, I'm kind of sure that I might be pregnant. It would explain a lot of my mood swings lately and how tired I've been. It's also completely hilarious to me that my husband realized I might be pregnant before I did. That's just how well he knows me and my body. I'm not mad at it.

After breakfast, we ignored the car as Brian got the chip all setup and opened on the small screen.

"What do you think?" Mia asked as I looked over their shoulders.

"Well, it's definitely a custom chip." he said.

"Look at all of the side menus for data entry." I added, pointing to the left side of the screen.

My Portuguese is rough but I'm getting most of what's on the screen. At least, I think I am.

"Let's check this one." Brian said, pressing a random button.

"Look at that, same building, same order every week." I muttered.

"It's a delivery schedule." Dom said, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"What's this? Drugs?" Mia asked.

"No, that's a dealer pack." I said, recognizing the layout.

"She's right, see, most major players weigh their money so they don't have to constantly count it." Brian said.

"Right there, that's 49 kilos and 49 kilos is a million in twenties." I said, shocked as I did the math in my head.

"Shit." Brian muttered.

"So what you're saying is that each one of these shipments is worth ten million dollars?" Mia asked, her eyes wide.

"Yeah." Brian and I chorused.

"This is fucking insane. So many cash houses." I muttered, looking as Brian clicked through different windows.

"So what is that? 100-million-plus in cash houses?" Brian asked.

"Probably a little more, but that's about it. Shit." I said, smiling when he did.

"That's how he keeps it off the grid." Dom added.

"I think it's safe to say that Reyes is smart to want this back. It's his whole network right there, just laid out on a chip." Brian said.

I had a really sarcastic remark but my pettiness was interrupted by a clanking sound outside. We've been really careful about the noise we make and the noises we hear. That ... is not good at all.

"Lock it up." Dom said.

"Dom ..."

"Go, the three of you get out of here." he told me.

"Dominic ..."

"I will find you, I promise. Go with them and I'll follow, I need to distract them and give you all a head start." he insisted, cupping my face in his hands and pressing his lips to mine in a chaste kiss.