Chapter 53

Gisele and I hopped into Tej's car with Han and we took off.

"You okay?" Han asked.

"Yeah, I'm good, why?"

"You're off." he said, watching me in the mirror.

"Off how?" I smile.

"I don't know but something is off, you're a little more ... aggressive than normal." he smiled.

"Got more on the line this time." I told him.

"That's for sure. Not just our freedom, our lives." he said.

"How do the two of you know each other?" Gisele asked.

"We met in the Dominican Republic." I smiled.

"That's random." she said, laughing.

"We were working a job with Dom." Han added.

"That makes more sense." she replied.

"How do you know Dom?" Han asked her.

"She worked for a man who tried to kill my husband." I said, smiling at the way her eyes widened for just a fraction of a second.

"Dom really gets around." Han laughed.

"You have no idea." I laughed.

"Is he always getting into trouble?" Gisele asked.

"Yeah." Han and I chorused.

"It feels weird being here with you knowing that I hit on your husband." she said.

"I heard about that."

"You did?" Both of them asked.

"Yeah, we tell each other everything. I don't blame you, my husband is hot." I told her, making Gisele laugh.

"You'll never be bored, Destiny." she said.

"Bored? Married to Toretto? Never." I sighed.

We arrived at the race and Han placed his arms around both of us. The three of us were very patient, watching the not-so-competitive competition. I found a Skyline, which for obvious reasons, was hilarious and I had to have it. So of course, I won it. Gisele won a Ford Mustang that looks very pretty. Then the three of us were carefully off back to base.

As soon as Brian saw me, he burst out laughing, so did Dom and Mia, and it was absolutely worth it. It's a pretty Skyline, there's no doubt about that but that's not why I got it. I got this for the memories. When I got out of the car, Brian walked around it with a broad smile on his face. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and just laughed.

"I thought you'd appreciate this." I smiled.

"Your husband doesn't appreciate it as much as I do." he said.

"You did good baby." Dom laughed, pulling me into his arms.

"We're missing something." Tej said.

"Yeah, it's a long story." I said, looking over at Brian with a smile.

"Messy beginnings." he said.

"Don't get it twisted, Buster, it's still messy." I said, making both him and Dom smile.

"I wouldn't expect any less." he chuckled.

"And you won't get any less." Dom laughed.

"Alright, let's get to racing some more." I said,

It took us three days and we still made no progress. The cameras kept catching us and I'm growing a little frustrated and a lot nauseous. Lately, everything is making me sick and I'm doing my best to hide it. So far so good, but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep hiding it.