Chapter 14

"Ooh, Mia is in trouble." Leon said as we walked out the front door.

"Wanna go get ice cream?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sure."

We went to a local place and got the same thing we've been getting since we were like six, the lady behind the counter had been here at least that long. Vince was quiet the whole time we were there. Then we drove to the beach and sat on the sand.

"What does he have that I don't?" He asked me.

"I fucking swear I'm gonna shoot him." I growled.

"Des ..." He chuckled.

"I swear I will. He has nothing! I'll probably hit Mia too, she's lucky I didn't punch her already." I stated, clenching my fists.

"Don't do that. I just, I wish I knew what it was." He sighed.

"Nothing V, there is nothing he has that you don't. Unless you count the overwhelming urge I have to hit him." I smiled.

"No, I don't count that but I should. As a matter of fact, I will count it." He smiled and it made me smile.

"Love you, V."

"Love you more, D." He asked, kissing the top of my head. "Thank you."

"Like I told Dom and Mia, I will always choose you."

"I know and I'll always choose you."

"You going back to the packhouse or you coming to mine?"

"Yours, I could do with the time away."

"V ..."

"It's embarrassing, Des. It's my fault really."

"What do you mean it's your fault?"

"I've been pursuing Mia for a long time and the buster just shows up and gets all of her attention. It's messing with me."

"Okay, you're jealous, whatever, I heard what you said to Brian. It was petty as fuck and I'll give Mia that but she knew better. She used you, used your feelings for her against you. She plays all nice and whatnot but she was unnecessarily cruel at that moment. We're all grown-ups here but she didn't have to play it that way. She did it on purpose because she knew it would hurt you. I'm sorry V, but you have to let go of that idea of a relationship with Mia. You're the only one getting hurt and I would hate to have to beat her ass." I told him.

"You're not wrong and please don't beat her ass. I just ... she never even gave me a chance but this prick shows up and he's like the second coming of Jesus. It doesn't make sense in my mind."

"It's never going to make sense. We barely understand our own feelings, let alone attempt to understand someone else's. Mia just isn't it for you and while that might be difficult to let go of, because it's always difficult to let go, it's best for you to start. Stay at my place for a few days and just get away from them. Having Mia and Brian all in your face isn't going to do you any good."

"Alright, meet you there." he smiled, kissing my forehead.

I left my phone in my car and when I checked it, there were a ton of missed calls and messages. They all went ignored. I'm gonna take this time just as much as he is. Spending some quality time with my brother and figuring out where my mind is at. Dom has got me all twisted and I need my own clarity.

"How many missed calls did you have?" Vince asked me after we parked and walked into the building.

"Too many, and messages too, you?"