Chapter 29

A/N: This book 1 is coming to an end!!! I have enjoyed this new Dom story SO MUCH!!!!! Going outside of the Kaylee world has been so much fun. I'm pondering my options, should I just continue this in one book or should I make separate books per movie?

"What?" Dom asked, both of us getting up.

"Jesse."

He pointed to the racing grounds and we saw Jesse taking off like a bat outta hell down the road. I had a sinking feeling and knew that the drama was about to begin.

"Where's boy genius going?" I asked.

"He just raced Tran for slips." Leon said and my heart sank, confirming my suspicions.

"Oh shit." Dom cursed just as Johnny Tran came speeding over to us.

He got out of his car and his eyes roamed over my body, making Dom pull me behind him. Johnny Tran isn't exactly in good standing with Dom and the guys, he was never my favorite either, arrogance isn't attractive. I looked around and the same look of worry was on everyone's face. As soon as he got out of the car and before he even opened his mouth, I knew this was not going to go down well. With their history, there's no other outcome for this situation.

"Where's he going?" Tran asked.

"He went to the car wash." Dom smoothly lied.

I laced my fingers through his and placed my hand on his arm to hopefully keep him calm during this exchange. High hopes and low expectations because calmness isn't Dom's most dominant quality.

"Whatever ... go fetch my car." Tran said and that's when all of my naive hopes for a calm exchange were dashed.

"Go fetch your car? We're not on your block anymore, you better watch who you talk to like that." Dom replied.

"Come on, let's go. Dom, please, let's go." I insisted.

"Tiny ..."

"Ignore him, let's go please."

"Listen to her, brother. Let's go." Vince said.

We turned away and I expected it to be over. Wrong! I don't know why I would even have that kind of hope with Johnny Tran at the forefront.

"Toretto! Toretto!" Tran shouted, making all of us turn back in his direction. "SWAT came into my house ... disrespected my whole family, because somebody narked me out ... and you know what? It was you!"

I felt Dom's fingers flex and Leon pulled me back as Dom quickly balled his fist and hit Tran in the jaw. Leon's hold tightened on me but I managed to pull away and Vince was quickly behind me. Tran's cousin was about to jump in and hit Dom as well but I punched him in the face while my brother fought to pull Dom off of Tran.

"I never narked on nobody!" Dom shouted as Vince and Leon pulled him away. "I never narked on nobody!"

"Let's go." I told him, grabbing his arm and pushing my highly agitated brother. "Move it now! Both of you let's go back to the trailer." I insisted.

Leon and I managed to pull, tug, shove, and push both men back to the trailer with Letty's help. Brian just watched from the side, holding onto Mia with a curious look on his face. I already fucking hate him for what he's inevitably going to do to her. Vince suddenly looked at me, pulling me into the trailer.

"What's ..."

"Let me see your hand, Tyson." he said.

"What did she do?" Mia asked when she followed us inside.