Chapter 42

"My brothers, thank you." he said to Santos and Leo.

"Claro hombre, aquí para lo que necesiten. Nos vemos." Santos said.

"Thank you." I echoed, hugging both of them.

"De nada, mami."

"Be safe." Dom and I chorused.

"You too." Leo said as they took off.

"Tiny ..." my husband whispered as he pressed his forehead to mine.

"We need to go." I said, leaning on him when he turned to his sister.

"Alright, you know the plan. Be safe and only reach out to check in or in case of an emergency." Dom said, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"She hasn't slept, make sure she rests." Mia said, hugging him again.

"I've got it, be safe." He replied.

We watched them go before taking off. I drove to a secondary location that I had prepared for a short visit. Heated up some food while Dom showered and changed, then we took off again on another adventure.

"Why haven't you slept?" Dom asked as he drove.

"Anxiety, nerves, adrenaline ... take your pick." I yawned.

"Alright, now it's your turn to rest. I'll find somewhere for us to sleep tonight." he said.

"We sleeping in Mexico tonight?" I asked.

"Back to where it all started for us." he smiled, taking my hand and kissing the back of it.

"To the beginning of our adventure. Baby, here we go again." I smiled.

"I still can't believe you did this."

"Wasn't gonna leave you there."

"Grab that blanket, throw the chair back, and get some sleep. I'll crank the AC for you, I need you to rest." he said as he reached back for the blanket I packed.

"Baby, I'm okay." I said as he dropped the blanket on my legs.

"Lay the seat back." he said, poking my side.

"Dom, it's ..."

"Please, let me take care of you now. Baby, you need to sleep and I can see in your eyes that you're tired. I'll wake you up when I find somewhere for us to stay the night." he insisted and I could read the guilt in his eyes, hear it in his voice.

"Okay. Fine, I'll rest." I agreed.

He found somewhere safe to stop the car because he wanted to make sure that I was comfortable for what he was hoping is a long nap. My husband, ever the romantic, got out of the car and grabbed a pillow from the trunk, then he laid the seat all the way down and tucked the blanket around me. I turned to make sure that I was looking at him but let him tuck me in. He set a water bottle in the cup holder for me and grabbed a soda from the back before getting back in.

"Sleep." he chuckled, leaning in to kiss me.

"My husband is very distracting." I yawned.

"My wife is too, and she's tired. Rest baby, you had us but it's my turn, I've got us now." he said, rubbing my arm.

"I know ... I love you, Toretto." I smiled as I snuggled into the seat further.

"I love you too, Toretto." he smiled.

He did indeed crank the AC up because he knows I like to sleep cold when I have the choice. I don't really know for how long I slept but I did indeed fall asleep and I sort of woke up when I felt Dom lift me up.