seven

Sunghoon drove the car for four hours until he reached Pohang. He parked the car in front of a port and looked at the old people selling fish and other sea animals. He buried his hands into the pockets of his coat and took a look around, seeing the bright and merry atmosphere.

An old lady saw him and motioned him to approach her. He walked towards her and smiled awkwardly. "What are you looking for, young man?" She asked.

"Do you know Kang Daera?" He asked. The lady's eyes lit up, "Daera? She's a doctor in Seoul, right? Oh, I haven't met her since she left Pohang to study!"

"Do you know where her family's restaurant is?" He asked, feeling a little bit of hope.

"Let me show you!" The lady said excitedly. He widened his eyes in surprise, "Oh, you can just tell me the directions–"

"It's more polite if I lead you to the restaurant," she said cheerfully. She was about to walk until her friends joined in, "We'll help you too!"

He chuckled as he watched them from behind. As they all walked to the restaurant, he noticed that the people who lived there seemed to know each other. It is a small place anyway.

The people there gave him confused and curious looks, some of them even whispered to each other. Probably because he has never visited the place.

They arrived at a restaurant next to the beach. He bowed and thanked them for showing him the directions. The old ladies smiled and walked away, blushing and complimenting his handsome looks. He laughed to himself as he watched them disappear from his sight.

He stepped into the restaurant and it was empty. He looked around, making sure it wasn't closed. A woman, probably the same age as his mother walked towards him and smiled, "Hello, what would you like to order?"

"Spicy seafood noodles, please," he said before taking a seat near the window, looking at the beach view.

A man, probably the woman's husband, came out from the kitchen and smiled at him, "Would you like to try our special menu? It is also one of the bestselling menus here."

Sunghoon nodded and watched him walk back slowly to the kitchen. After a while of waiting, the woman, probably Mrs Kang, served him the noodles.

"I've never seen you here before. Are you visiting here for a vacation?" She asked politely. He nodded, "Yeah, actually a friend recommended me the place for a vacation. I looked it up and they have the best scenery."

"Well I hope you enjoy your stay here," she said before leaving him to enjoy his food.

Mr Kang suddenly approached him and widened his eyes, "You're Professor Sunghoon, right? You work at the Park Specialist Hospital and teach at the Park Medical University."

He nodded awkwardly, "Yes I am."

"My daughter Daera talks about you a lot when she was studying there! Do you mind if I sit here?" Mr Kang asked for his permission if he could sit across from him. Sunghoon wiped his mount and nodded, "Please, I don't mind."

"My daughter works at the hospital now," Mr Kang said happily. Mrs Kang took a seat next to him and listened excitedly.

Sunghoon chuckled, "I know. She's my intern."

"Oh really! We never even imagined that we could meet you like this. I mean, you are quite famous as a neurosurgeon. You even came from a well off family and studied at the most prestigious medical school in the UK," Mrs Kang complimented him.

"Our daughter said that you're her favourite professor. She keeps complimenting the way you teach the students and how determined you are to make the students pass their test," Mr Kang said, making the surgeon blush.

"Oh, I'm not that good, Mr Kang. I'm just doing my job as a professor."

"If you don't mind, you can stay at our place during your vacation. It's very hard to find a place to stay since we don't have hotels here. And we would like to thank you for teaching and taking care of our daughter. You don't have to pay us, it's our treat," Mrs Kang suggested.

Sunghoon widened his eyes, "Oh, please. I don't want to–"

"Please, it's the least we can do, doctor."

He gave in and nodded, "Alright. Thank you, Mrs Kang."

The couple smiled and left him so that he could finish the meal peacefully.