twenty-four

Jay's blood was boiling as he could feel his anger rising inside him. He tightened his grip around Daera's hand as he took her away from the VIP room. He led her to an empty hallway and stopped walking when he heard quiet sobs behind him.

He turned around and saw her wiping and blinking her tears away. His heart softened and he quickly held her shoulder gently, "Hey hey, Haon is not here to harass you anymore."

She frowned and looked away, "I'm not crying. My eyes are showering."

He chuckled softly and watched as she pulled herself together. She looked at him and sighed, "I didn't cry because of Haon. If I knew I could punch him in the face, I would have already done that. But I didn't want to get fired."

He smiled, "Did you forget that I'm the director's son? If someone ever attacks you, you have my permission to punch them."

She scoffed and looked away, "I cried because you were so scary when you punched him. I've never seen that side of you before."

He raised his hand and cupped her cheek before wiping her tears away. Her eyes widened at the sudden contact but she didn't feel the need to move his hand away.

His hand was warm and comfortable. He leaned forward and kissed her head, "There. Feel better?"

Warm pink colour rose on her cheeks and she cleared her throat nervously.

He's too close, she panicked. "I should get back to work," she said before walking ahead of him. He watched her from behind before cursing at himself under his breath.

What the hell did I just do? Did I scare her? Why did I even kiss her? Does she think I'm weird?

Sunghoon ran around the hospital hallway, searching for Daera. He heard what happened between her and Haon and immediately sprinted to search for her. He went to the rooftop and saw her standing in the middle with an umbrella in her hands.

It was raining cats and dogs but he couldn't care less as he made his way to her.

"Kang Daera," he called. She turned around and widened her eyes, "Yah, you'll get sick if you stand in the rain!"

He pulled her into a sudden hug and rested his head on her shoulder. Her brain couldn't process what just happened. "Sunghoon-ah," she muttered.

"I was worried! I couldn't save you, I'm sorry. I can't imagine what will happen if I didn't save you earlier."

"It's okay. Jay was there to help me," she said quietly.

I've been dreaming of this hug for a long time. But why am I feeling like this? Where're the butterflies in my stomach? Where's the quick pounding sound of my heart? Where's the warmth that I've been longing for? I need to get away.

She pushed him away gently, "I'm fine. I am."

He backed away from her and let the rain soak him. She looked at him in shock, "Yah, you're going to get wet."

"I don't care. I'm fine as long as you're safe," he smiled. They both stared at each other for a while, the rain sounds filling the air. The sky was cloudy and grey as it unexpectedly matches Sunghoon's feelings.

Am I making you uncomfortable, Daera? Do you still have feelings for me? Can you keep loving me like how you did 4 years ago?

Edlyn ate her sausage as she watched Sunghoon and Daera at the rooftop from the CCTV. Jake who stood next to her drank his coffee, "What are they talking about?"

"Probably confessing to each other?" Heeseung who was standing on Edlyn's other side said. The married couple nodded and watched carefully at the two surgeons in the CCTV.

"Don't you think it's a bit dramatic that Sunghoon lets himself get wet under the rain?" Jake asked again. "It's quite romantic," She said back.

"Do you want me to do that?" He asked his beloved wife, flashing a smirk. "If we're arguing and you do that, you'll look hot," she blushed as she kept her eyes on the computer screen.

Heeseung looked at them disgustingly before rolling his eyes. "Get a room," he said blankly.

"Come on, Heeseung. You'll find someone. I guarantee that" Jake comforted his friend.