thirty-six

"I'll double the payment. I know you're busy now but I need to make sure my girlfriend is safe," Jay said as he tightened his grip around the phone. He was already in his suit for his date night with Daera.

The sun was slowly setting, creating a purple sky. He looked at the view outside from the window and sighed, "Bae Yeona will do anything to hurt her. I want you to protect Daera and Sunghoon. Keep it lowkey and make sure that she stays away from them both."

"Yes, Mr Park. We will do everything that we can to keep Ms Kang safe."

"Good," Jay said before ending the call. He turned around, gasping in awe when he saw Daera walking downstairs in a satin dress. She tucked a few strands of hair behind her hair and blushed, "How do I look?"

"Beautiful. If there's a word greater than beautiful, that would be you."

She smiled and linked her arm with his, letting him lead her to the entrance door. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"Somewhere fancy. Where the future Mrs Park would go."

She cleared her throat awkwardly, "You already thought about that?"

"Of course. We'll have three kids, two boys and a girl.  The kids and I will visit you every lunchtime when you're on a break. They would hug you and you would look at them in surprise. We both would still be in our doctor's coat."

"I like that, Mr Park," she smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Me too, love."

He opened the car door for her and went into the driver's seat right after. She looked at the view outside the window and flinched in surprise when a familiar hand intertwined with hers.

She looked at the man next to her holding her hand tightly but gently as he kept his eyes on the road. He drove to a hotel building and handed the keys to the guy who was handling the valet parking.

"Are we staying here?" Daera asked as Jay opened the car door for her. "Do you want to?" He smirked.

"That's not what I meant," she looked away. The hotel staff bowed at them, "Great to see you again, Mr Park. Let me show you the way," he said before leading them to the rooftop of the hotel.

Daera looked around confusedly when all she saw was a helipad. A helicopter was in the middle of the place, creating a loud noise.

"Did you plan all this? You rented a helicopter?" She asked in disbelief.

"Sweetheart, I own the helicopter."

"Wha–how?"

He laughed, "I own five hospitals and you're saying I can't own a helicopter? If you tell me to buy a private jet, I would do it. Although I already own three."

She couldn't mutter any words. He held both of her shoulders and helped her get on the helicopter. He helped her put on a helmet.

"Ready to fly, Mr Park?" The pilot asked from the front seat. Jay was about to nod until he felt a feminine hand squeezing his.

Daera was closing her eyes and her hand was trembling out of fear. "It'll be okay," he said softly before facing the pilot, "Ready."

The helicopter started flying upwards. Daera slowly opened her eyes and looked at the city view below in awe, "Look at that! It's beautiful!"

"Yes," Jay sighed as he stared at her. She smiled at him excitedly before looking at the view from his side. She admired the city lights twinkling at her.

The helicopter landed on a tall building. Jay hugged Daera to prevent her dress from going upwards. She took off her helmet and fixed her hair, waiting for him to thank the pilot.

"Let's go, shall we? Our dinner's waiting," he said as he led her inside the building. They both went to a luxury restaurant on the top floor.

It was a restaurant that was well-known for its limited reservation. Jay probably got the reservation easily because of his status and popularity. She gasped in surprise when she saw her favourite celebrity, Yang Jungwon eating alone at the corner.

"It's Jungwon!" She smacked Jay's arm.

"You and Edlyn still like him?" He frowned.

"Of course! He's a member of Enhypen. Does he know you?"

"Well, we did talk before. But it was just about the hospital. Nothing much."

A waiter approached them and bowed, "Dr Park, nice to see you again. May I show you to your table?"

The said doctor nodded and wrapped his arms around Daera's shoulder before following the waiter.

"I'll have your famous burger as usual," Jay smiled at the waiter taking their orders. Daera widened her eyes at the price of Jay's order. It costs almost 300 dollars.

She smiled and closed the menu, "I'll have spaghetti."

He frowned, "That's like the cheapest food here. Pick something else."

"It's too expensive, Jay. Look at this. A plate of sushi that costs almost 1000 dollars?"

"Sweetheart, you can order anything you want here. It's my job to make you feel like a queen. I don't care about the price."

He knew she likes lobster but the price was probably stopping her from ordering it since it costs almost 500 dollars.

The waiter bowed and left them. He smiled, "Do you like it here?"

"I thought we were going to the movies. I didn't expect you to take me to this place. It would probably cost me half a kidney to afford the food here. The view is so nice."

"We can come here every day if you want."