Coming Home

I just landed in New York at JFK and the airport was completely empty because it was Christmas morning. I didn't tell anyone that I was coming home because I wanted it to be a surprise. I got my bag from baggage claim and then I went and waited for my Uber.

*Parents house Liv's POV*

It was around 7 am and I was awoken by Skyler.

Skylar: Auntie Gionna wake up its Christmas. Santa came last night.

Liv: Can we sleep for a little bit more? It's so early.

Skylar: No, I want to see if Santa brought Daddy home like I asked him.

She grabbed me by the arm and started to drag me out of bed.

Liv: Girl you are strong for a 5 year old.

Skylar: I want to be just like you when I grow up Aunt Gionna.

Liv: Let's go wake up Grandma and Grandpa first.

After Skylar woke everyone up she ran into the living room and started to open all of her presents. When she finished opening the last one, she got up and started looking around the house.

Mom: What are you looking for sweetie?

Skylar: I'm looking for Daddy.

Mom: He's not here sweetie.

Skylar: He has to be Grandma. I told Santa I wanted my Daddy home for Christmas.

Liv: Maybe Santa didn't have enough magic to get Daddy. He is very far away.

Skylar started to look like she was going to cry and then Mom went over and cheered her up and then went to make breakfast. It broke my heart to see her like that.

Dad: Leave it to your brother to let her down once again. Had he just stayed in the military like I did he would be retired by now.

Liv: Why are you so bitter towards him?

Dad: He threw his life away doing that death match stuff.

Liv: And I didn't? We do the same thing Dad.

Dad: No, you made something of yourself. Your brother is killing himself for nothing. He let me down, just like he let his daughter down on Christmas.

Liv: Well that makes two of us let down on Christmas. Thanks for being such a Grinch Dad.

I went to sit on the front porch for a moment to clear my mind before I went back inside for breakfast. 

Liv: (To self) I wish Travis was here, I miss him so much. 

The snow is falling down and its beautiful outside, I noticed this car stop right in front of the house and when the back door opened, I couldn't believe what I saw.

Liv: Travis?

Travis: Sis.

I took off running and I jumped into his arms causing us both to go crashing down into the snow.

Travis: Somebody's excited to see me.

Liv: What are you doing home?

Travis: I wanted to surprise you guys. Can you get off of me this snow is really cold.

I got up and helped Travis up and then I hugged him so tight and wouldn't let go.

*End Liv's POV*

Travis: Are you crying?

Liv: Yes, I still can't believe you're here. It really is a Christmas miracle, maybe Santa is real.

Travis: Really G?

Liv: Skylar told Santa that she wanted you home for Christmas and here you are.

Travis: Merry Christmas Sis.

We walked inside and Gionna went into the kitchen and I stayed in the living room.

Liv: Mom breakfast smells so good.

Mom: Thanks baby girl.

Liv: Skylar I forgot my Santa hat in the living room can you go get it for me.

Skylar: Sure.

She got up and Gionna followed her with her phone out recording the whole thing. She stopped in her tracks when she saw me standing there and I got down on my knee and she ran into my arms. I couldn't help but tear up because of how happy she was.

I hugged Mom and then Dad and I shared a look and I went for a hug but he just walked away.

Travis: Somebody isn't in the Christmas spirit.

Liv: He's still upset with you.

Travis: That's nothing new. I'm not going to let this ruin my Christmas.

Liv: This is the best Christmas ever.

We hugged and then we went and got some breakfast. When we finished, we went outside with Skylar and played in the snow for a little bit then we came back in and had hot chocolate and watched Christmas movies.