Turning Over A New Leaf

*1 month later*

I'm back after my suspension and I'm feeling a lot better. I've been working out a lot and I've never felt better. Tonight, will be my first night back in NXT since winning the Tag Titles with Alex.

*During the show*

There's a backstage segment with Alex in the locker room he has both Tag Titles with him and he's pacing back and forth on his phone. I walked into the locker room.

Alex: James, this is the 15th voicemail I left you. Call me back.

Travis: Where's your partner?

Alex: Dude I don't know. I haven't heard from him in weeks. We have our rematch with Imperium tonight and he's nowhere to be found. Looks like I'm going to have to defend the titles on my own.

Travis: I can fill in if you want.

Alex: Dude you'd be my hero if you could do that.

Travis: I wouldn't say I was a hero. *wink* I'll be more than happy to step in.

Alex: You're the best man. I'll see you out there.

*End of Match*

We've been having one hell of a match and the crowd is really behind us. Marcel is kicking my ass but I managed to take him down and I crawl over to Alex and make the hot tag. Alex is now in and he's cleaning house. He hit Fabian with a cutter and then he nailed Marcel with a lariat. Once Marcel is back on his feet I hit a Spinning Brain Buster.

Vic: Wait a second I've seen that move before.

Barrett: Is Travis Crawford James Hero?

Alex climbed to the top rope and connected with a Frog Splash. I saw Fabian get to his feet so I ran and hit a Suicide Dive to the outside to take him out. I heard the crowd count to 3 and then Alex's music hit.

Alicia: Here are your winners and still NXT Tag Team Champions. Alex Johnson and Travis Crawford.

Beth: Guys, something about Travis seems a little familiar.

After the next match the camera cuts to Alex and I walking in the back talking when McKenzie Mitchell comes in to interview us.

McKenzie: Alex, Travis that was an awesome match out there tonight. I do have a question for you though, where is James?

Alex: That's a good question. I've been trying to contact him all day.

Travis: Luckily for my boy Alex I wasn't busy tonight.

McKenzie: Travis tonight was your in-ring debut here in NXT how did it feel?

Travis: It was awesome, the crowd seemed really into it.

McKenzie: Do you have any info on James Hero?

Travis: McKenzie, I actually have to get going. Shawn Michaels is calling me over. I don't want to keep the Heartbreak Kid waiting.

McKenzie: Alex, do you not find the way Travis was acting strange?

Alex: Not really, he's a cool guy we've been friends for a little while. Interviews just really aren't his thing.

A few moments later James Hero appeared.

James: Fellow tag team partner and non-superhero friend. How are you?

Alex: Dude, where have you been? I've been calling you all day.

James: I was saving the world from evil villains.

Alex: Well while you were saving the world, I had to defend our Tag Team Championships.

James: I'm sorry I let you down.

McKenzie: I hate to interrupt but James, do you know Travis Crawford?

James: I do, he's a very nice young man. I once got his kitten out of a tree when he was a young lad.

McKenzie: Watching the match tonight Travis showed some similar moves to the ones you use.

James: What can I say he must be a big fan. I have to go I just saw the Hero Signal go off. Someone is in need of a hero.

Alex and McKenzie watched as James left and they pretended like James was flying.

McKenzie: Wait he can fly?

Alex: He's a super hero McKenzie what do you think?

McKenzie: Well back to you guys at ringside.

After we finished with all of our stuff we got showered and packed our bags. While we were in the locker room Triple H walked in.

Triple H: Hey guys, before you leave I need to see you in my office.

Travis: We're not in trouble, are we?

Triple H: No, Vince is here and he saw the backstage segment and wants to talk with you guys.

Alex: We'll be right there.

Once Triple H left Alex and I both looked at each other with a look of concern.

Travis: What do you think he wants?

Alex: Dude I have no idea. I'm scared.

Travis: Triple H said we're not in trouble so at least that's a positive sign.

Alex: I guess we'll go find out.

We walked over to Triple H's office and Vince was sitting at one end of the table. He got up when we walked into the room and we shook his hand.

Vince: Have a seat gentlemen.

We sat down and it was a little quiet and intimidating so I decided to break the ice.

Travis: So, Mr. McMahon Triple H said you wanted to talk about our backstage segment.

Vince: I do, now I'm not here at NXT often hell I'll be honest I never even watch it. I would like to know who's idea was it for this Super Hero gimmick?

Travis: Honestly, after we got signed Shawn told me this is what management wanted me to do. I didn't want to be a generic Super Hero so I took it upon myself to play James Hero and myself. My daughter actually gave me the idea when I was practicing my Super Hero stuff. She told me I looked like Superman so I figured why not play into that and have the two versions of the character.

Vince: I love it, it's such good shit.

Travis: Thank you sir, that really means a lot.

Alex: Thank you sir, we've been trying really hard to get this over.

Vince: Well, it's working. The main reason why I asked to speak with you two is because next week is going to be your last week as champions.

Travis: Sir with all due respect, you just said you loved the gimmick.

Vince: I do, I see a lot of money in this. You guys could sell a lot of merch. With that being said, next Friday on Smack Down we're doing the draft and you two will be getting called up to the main roster.

Travis: Seriously?

Vince: Yes, I think your act will be great on either Raw or Smack Down. It will help the Tag Team division.

Alex: Thank you so much.

Travis: I do have one question.

Vince: What is it?

Travis: Would it be possible to draft us to the same brand as Zelina Vega? We're a couple and I would like to be with her.

Vince: Consider it done.

Travis: Thank you.

After we left Full Sail we went and grabbed something to eat. We decided to keep it on the down low about our main roster call up so we didn't spoil anything and I wanted to surprise Thea so I didn't tell her what was happening.