Redemption

*3 weeks later*

I've been here for 3 weeks and I haven't talked to Thea since. I decided that I should finally unpack since I'll probably be here for a while. While I was unpacking I heard a knock on the door.

Tyler: Everything good?

Travis: Yeah man, just finally unpacking things. Thanks again for letting me crash here while I get things figured out.

Tyler: Don't mention it. Just a heads up Dre will be by in a little bit to pick me up. I'm going with him to Detroit for his game this weekend so you'll have the place to yourself for a few days.

Travis: Alright, I'll be sitting here when you get back just thinking about how bad I fucked up.

Tyler: Don't beat yourself up bro. It's going to get better I can promise you that. Just give Thea some time to cool off and take some time to work on yourself. Just look at this as a way to clear your mind. Go for a walk on the beach in the morning and just chill out there. It always helps me when I got a lot on my mind.

Travis: I'll take that into consideration.

Once Tyler left, I was in the living room and I was going into my bag to get my laptop when I saw that box mom had given me after my dad's funeral. I went through it and found his watch, a few pictures of us from when I was younger, his favorite cd, and at the bottom there was an envelope with my name on it. I held it in my hand and hesitated before finally opening it.

"Travis,

I'm sure your mother already told you about my heart attack and that's why I'm writing you this. If you're reading this then that means I didn't make it. I know we didn't leave off on the best terms and I just want to say that I'm sorry. I shouldn't have tried making you be someone that you're not. I just watched your match tonight and it was awesome, you're so good at wrestling and I wish I had watched you sooner. I was so happy when you won the match, I screamed and the nurse came running into my room thinking I needed help but I just smiled and told her that was my son on TV. I'm very proud of the man you turned out to be, you're an amazing father and a great partner to Thea. I really hope the two of you have an amazing future together. I want you to promise me that you'll be a better father than I was. Travis, I want you to be the man you've always wanted me to be. I'm so sorry things turned out the way they did between us. I'd give anything to fix this but words can't be taken back once they're said. All I can hope is that you forgive me and accept my apology. Travis, I've always loved you and I'm so proud of you.

Love,

Dad"

Once I finished reading the letter I started to cry.

Liv: Everything okay bro?

Travis: What are you doing here?

Liv: Thea told me about the fight and Tyler said you were staying with him so I wanted to come check on you.

Travis: I'm not okay. I'm pretty sure Thea and I are done because of me being a fucking idiot. Why am I my worst enemy? She's the one person in this world besides you that has always been there for me. I ruined everything we had and now I'm probably going to lose her for good.

Travis: What did Thea tell you?

Liv: Everything, you really fucked up Travis.

Travis: Yeah, no shit. How can I fix this? I can't get her off of my mind. I love Thea more than anything and I'm terrified of losing her. I know I hurt her and she probably don't want me back but I'm not letting her get away from me again.

Liv: I know without question that she loves you. You guys are going to have ups and downs that's how relationships are. I can see both points of this fight but she's not wrong in what she did. You need to see what you have to lose if you don't get your shit together.

Travis: I don't want to lose her G. I shouldn't have left, I should have stayed and fought to keep her. I'm so fucking stupid, I walked out on my whole world.

Liv: You both did what you thought was right bro. Honestly, you leaving was probably for the best. If you stayed and fought with her more it could have ended bad. I don't think that things are done with the two of you. This is the first big fight you've had and it probably won't be the last. I think you need to get your shit together and stop being so hard headed.

Travis: I've tried to call her but she didn't answer. I'm tempted to go home and talk to her.

Liv: If you do, I'd suggest waiting until Skylar isn't home.

Travis: That was what I was going to do. I don't want her to see us fight.

Liv: I'm rooting for you.

*The next day*

I woke up early and packed my stuff up and drove home. I walked into the house and saw Thea sitting on the couch. She looked up at me and didn't say a word.

Travis: Can we talk?

Zelina: Depends, are you going to talk to me like I'm your girlfriend or a piece of trash like last time?

Travis: I'm sorry for that. I know no matter how many times I say I'm sorry it's not going to take back the pain my words caused.

Zelina: You have no idea how bad you hurt me when you told me you never wanted to see or talk to me again.

Travis: I know, as soon as those words left my mouth it hurt me too. I've been away from you for 3 weeks and the fact that I didn't know if you'd be home when I came back was driving me crazy. I don't want to lose you again Thea. I love you too much, I'd never be able to live with myself if I lost you again.

Zelina: I didn't want to do what I did but I think that's what you needed. I never want to lose you either Travis, I've loved you since we were kids. I just want you to be the best you possible.

Travis: That's what I want too. I promise you that from this moment on I'm changing. I'm going to talk things out when I have problems, I'm not going to drink them away. Also, the fact that I know my dad wasn't disappointed in me helped. I got that closure. From that letter he wrote me.

Zelina: I'm glad you got your closure, but I'm happier that you're back and you're going to be a better you. Travis, I love you so much and I never want to lose you.

Travis: That was our first big fight babe. We may not have handled it the best but at least we learned from it. I can never say this enough to you but I'm so sorry.

Zelina: I forgive you.

Thea and I kissed and made up.

Travis: I'm going to step outside for a few minutes.

Zelina: Go ahead.

I went outside and called Alex and apologized to him for getting suspended since I messed around with his career by doing what I did. I waited out the rest of my suspension but I focused on working out my body and my mind. I started to meditate and turned all my negative energy into something positive whether in the in the gym or at home.