iii.

BABYLON 575 B

BABYLON 575 B.C

When we got to Babylon two centuries later, Deviants were already attacking the place, Makkari quickly started getting the people away from the deviants, and they started going inside the city, as there were to many I started focusing on one.

Sending energy spheres to the deviant, hitting it on his weak spots, I continued hitting him and ended up smashing him on the ground.

Doing the same I went to another Deviant, but I saw humans around it, so I quickly stood in front of them and made a shield to protect them, looking back at the humans I told them to move and they did.

I continued fighting the deviant, and quickly got rid of it.

Looking around I saw there was only one left and it was big, gigantic; Gilgamesh quickly started taking care of it, but when I saw the deviant throw him far away, I started going to it.

Apparently I wasn't the only one that noticed as all of us, Ikaris, Thena, Makkari and Kingo, went to the deviant.

Sending a quick wisp to de deviant, being careful with Thena that was on top of it, I started to wrap the deviant in a ball trying to squeeze it, as the Ikaris, Thena and Kingo started shooting at it, or in Thena's case she began stabbing it.

The deviant was very strong, and it started getting hard to hold it, "I can't hold it anymore" I say to them and the deviant breaks free, I try to make a shield as I see that his body is going to hit me, but I was too late and one of his tentacles on his back end up hitting me.

Landing on the floor, I feel a sting on my back, and I look at it seeing a huge cut, "Not good" I mutter, and turn to look at the deviant.

Gilgamesh hit it and it ended up collapsing on the door, I got up from the floor as I saw the deviant get up too, Gilgamesh hits it again making it collapse back on the door and I walk to where they were.

I wrapped my arms around my torso, as I stand there looking if more deviants where going to show, Makkari arrived to my side and looked at me, "You're okay? You're bleeding" she signals to me, and I look at the wound and see blood starting to drip on my suit.

"Yeah, just a scratch, I'm going to see Ajak later" I tell her dismissing it, and she nods reluctantly, we stayed outside for a bit more to see if more would appear, but after they didn't we went to the other, or at least Makkari and I did.

********

********

"It is deep, but not too much" Ajak said as she checked my wound, I went looking for her as soon as I got out of there, feeling myself a little drowsy; I felt her healing the wound with her powers and then I looked at it, it was gone and the suit had been fixed again.

"Thank you, Ajak" I say to her as I turn around she smiles, "Your welcome, Chrysa" she says smiling, I smile back at her, and go around to exit the room, which was where our pedestals where.

"...she's safe, the time hasn't arrived" I hear her say but not clearly, so before I go out the room I turn to her, "What did you say?" she looks at me frowning, "I didn't say anything, Chrysa" she says confused.

"Are you okay?" "Yeah, I must have imagined it" I respond her dismissing it and go out of the room, ignoring her curious gaze.

I walked down the Domo's hallways, just walking around not really having a place to be, when a hand suddenly wraps around my wrist and pulls me into a room.

"What the-?" I can't finish talking as I'm yanked inside the room and two strong hands settled on my shoulders, I look up at the person worried, "Druig? what's wrong?" I ask him as he sees me worriedly, "Makkari told me you were hurt, are you okay?" he quickly says and asks me.

I smile at him, grabbing his arms, "It was just a scratch, Ajak already took care of it" I explained to him, but apparently it wasn't good enough as his arms wrap around my torso and bring me to a hug, I accept it wrapping my arms around his back too, "I'm fine, Druig. Really" I tell him still hugging him.

Separating from the hug, I just look at him and he does the same, "She really is beautiful" he says but his voice was kind of muffled, "Stop it" I tell him, "Stop what?" his smile falls and it's replaced with a frown.

"Stop calling me beautiful" I say, "It's been two centuries and I haven't stopped, what makes you think I will now?" he quickly says and I shake my head smiling, "Wait a minute, I didn't say anything" he says frowning.

"You did, I heard you" I tell him, "No, I didn't, I just thou... Did you read my mind?" he asks me looking at me seriously, I roll my eyes, "You know I don't get in anyone's head without their permission" I explain to him.

"What you think you heard, I actually thought about it" he says, and I take a step back putting space between us,

I think back to when I heard Ajak talk, and frown rubbing my eyes, "Are you okay, Chrysa?" he asks, I sigh and smile, "Yeah, I must be tired, and that's why I'm not having control" I mutter the last bit, trying to make an excuse as I had no idea of what was going on.

"It's okay" he says and takes a step toward me, grabbing my arm and he starts rubbing circles on my palm. I start calming down, but look at the door when I feel someone coming.

Makkari opens the door and sees me and Druig, she smiles but then looks at me, "There you are, I've been looking for you" she signals to me, "Come on I want to show you something" she continues, and grabs my other hand.

She starts pulling me outside, and I follow but not before I look back at Druig, as our hands fell from each others grasp. He smiles nodding, and I smile back, turning and following Makkari, to what she wanted to show me.