xiv.

"Wake up, Chrysa

"Wake up, Chrysa. Wake up" a howling voice says in my head; moving around in the bed I try to go back to sleep, but it only gets louder. A hand landing on my shoulder makes me gasp and sit straight on my bed, feeling my eyes glow, I try to focus on the voice, but nothing comes, on my a feeling.

"Lyra? Are you okay?" I turn to Lizzie and see her sitting by my bed, I quickly nod my head, and rub my eyes as the glowing stops.

"Are you sure? You were fumbling around and your eyes glowed" she continues and I grab her hand smiling at her, "I'm fine, I just.. I have a feeling" I tell her and move to get out of bed.

"What kind of feeling?" I shrugged my shoulders and looked at her, "a feeling that something bad will happen" I tell her and she looks around the room nervously, "I don't know if I should be worried about that... but it's almost time for class and I'm pretty sure we still have some leftover pancakes" Lizzie say and stands up and we both head to the kitchen.

I watch Lizzie take out the food from the fridge and I hear the faint voices come back, my gaze goes to my bracelet, and I fumbled with it.

I knew if I took it off, everything would probably become worse, so I just played with it.

"What the–?" The sound of a plate breaking, makes me look up and see Lizzie, "Lyra, what's happening?" I hear her panic voice and see her staring at her arm, or what was left of it. "I have no idea" I say as I watch as her arm disappears into dust.

"Well, make it stop" she shrieks and I walk to her, "I don't know how" I say, "Lyra... please" her legs start turning dust and I grab her so she doesn't fall hard on the floor.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what's happening, and if I did there's nothing I could do about it" I cradle her face and move her hair from her face as tears fell from her eyes, and we both laid on the floor.

"I'm scared, Lyra"
"It's okay, you'll be back, I know it"

The voices start getting louder, and I watched Lizzie slowly turn into dust as I hold her, making a tear fall from my eye as the voices stopped abruptly.

"No no no no" bringing my knees to my chest, I slowly crawled back and stopped until my back hit the wall, I hid my face in my knees as I kept repeating the same thing.

My mind was wrecking with ideas to get her back, but I knew I couldn't, the way she dissolved was made by the marvelous "infinity stones" everyone in the galaxy wanted. And even if I had some spell or energy to get her back, they wouldn't let me do it, still my mind swirled around ideas as I stared at the spot on the floor where she had turned dust.