xi.

Mid 2017 LONDON

Mid 2017 LONDON

"What are you doing?" I turn around and look at Lizzie who was standing by the door to my room in our dorm, after a few months, we talked with the administration and changed roommates to be together.

I look at the crystals I had in my hands and the boxes with herbs laying around my room, "Just organizing" I simply tell her and she nods walking to my bed and sitting, she grabs one of my oldest crystals and looks at it, "This one is really pretty, what crystal is it? I had never seen it before"

"It's a Taaffeite, there not a lot around the planet. A friend gave it to me" I tell her grabbing the crystal, "Uhh, a friend, was it Druig?" I roll my eyes, "Why do you think everything is about Druig?" I ask her trying to avoid answering, "I don't know, Makkari told me you were very close, like since you were babies" she says and I had to control the urge to let out a laugh.

Since babies, like that was posible, we didn't even age.

"Are you a witch?" Her question makes me almost drop the crystals I was holding, and I look at her, "Noo, why?"

"It's just you have a lot of herbs and crystals, I was just wondering" she says and I shake my head, "if you were a witch, it would be nice to be your friend" she says and I laugh, "Do you mean, that I'm boring just like I am?"

"Eh, Makkari is really funny" I scoff at her answer, "Hey, you chose to save me that day" I point at her, "Just kidding, your great" she says and I laugh, "Do you want to go to the mall? I have to tell you about what happened today at my classes" Lizzie continues and I smile, "Sure, I'll be ready in ten" she gets out of my room and when I see she's gone, I put my hands in front of me, and move them in a circle, making a glowing wisp appear and all the objects go to their new assigned place.

*********

Reading at the library was hard, well now it was hard, lately the students had been in a Christmas mood even if it was still September, I tried to concentrate as I heard some student start signing some carols

I let out a sigh and slammed my book on the desk hard, "I'm trying to read, so if you don't falalala leave, I'm going to —" I say to the people singing but someone running to me stops me, "Lyra, come with me, there are some cute guys at the campus entrance and I don't want to go alone" Lizzie says arriving and making me stand up as she grabs me by my arm. As we walk out of the library, I send a dirty look at the group.

Outside the building, I pull closer the jacket to my body, as it's getting colder, and follow Lizzie around, I see a group of guys talking and I let Lizzie go as I just watch her walk to the guys.

I stayed at a safe distance and continued reading the book in my arms, after a few minutes I heard some laughing and looked up, I saw the guys laughing, but I sensed something was wrong.

"And what's with that hair, are you cosplaying for Elsa?" One of the guys said to Lizzie as I walked to them, I rolled my eyes and wrapped my hand on Lizzie's arm, "Let's go, Lizzie. They're not worth it" I mutter to her and she looks at me with tears in her eyes. She nods and turns around and we start walking, "Don't forget to give Elsa her wig back" the same guy called again, and I turned around.

"Ventus" I mutter and flick my hand, all of the guys fall back, like a strong wind had come through, and I smile and turn back to Lizzie, "Wha— how did– what?" She stutters and I continue pulling her away from the boys.

"It doesn't matter, let's just go" I tell her and we move, "my most logic reason, is that you're actually a witch, like Wanda" Lizzie says and I look at her, "something like that, but a bit different" I tell her and she nods, "how different?"

I sigh and look at her seriously, "I can't tell you, Lizzie. I'm not supposed to tell anyone" I tell her and we both stop at some banks around the campus, "so not even Makkari knows?" I cringe at her question and look at her, "She know because, she's like me"

"She's a witch too?" She says almost screaming, and I shake my head, "No, she's something very much different... and I can't tell you anything else" I say and we both sit in silence for a while, "But can you show me?" I turn to her and wonder for a while, "Maybe" I say and she smiles.

Lizzie continues with her questions, even if I told her I couldn't tell her anything, and when I see a car with some recognizable guys I grab Lizzie by the arm, "Does that mean you can help me with my homework?" "You said you wanted to see what I can do, so what if I show you now?" I interrupted her and pointed to the car.

She doesn't say anything and I take it as a yes, standing up from the bank, I move a bit closer to the car, seeing one of the guys flirt with another girl, who looked very much like Lizzie, while the other guys started washing the car, I extended my hands next to me.

"Are you sure about this, Lyra?" Lizzie asks me and I turn to her slightly, "Relax, I'll be fine" I turn back around and focus, "Glace solidatur" I repeated and watched the water start to freeze on the car, I continued repeating and I tensed my hand like crushing something and with a flick, the windows broke. "My car!" The guy shouted looking at his car and I smiled, "Why would you do that?" Lizzie ask me and I turn to her.

"Three reasons. Number one. Because it felt good, number two, because they insulted my friend and no one gets away with it, and number three, because it felt really good"

"I know you said so, twice" Lizzie says and I smile at her, I lace our arms and we start walking back to out dorm, "Besides, you wanted to see what I could do, so I showed you" she nods and smiles, "I'm glad I have a friend that's a witch... that means you'll help me if I'm ever in trouble, right?"

"Sure, Lizzie, sure"