xvi.

2024, LONDON

2024, LONDON

"Can someone tell me Michelangelo, most famous painting?" I look up from my notebook, seeing already most of the class hands in the air.

I was about to put mine as well in the air, when suddenly my eyes flashed gold; the water inside my water bottle starts shaking, "What is that?" Other teenagers start muttering, noticing, as the place starts shaking.

We all look outside, as the trees start shaking, and the windows vibrating.

"It's an earthquake, everybody get down" the professor shouts and we all do as he says, I move to a wall to lay against it until the earthquake passed.

A cracking sound makes me quickly look up, and see the fan barely hanging from its hinges, I look at the girl next to me, realizing she saw it too, she quickly hides her head in her arms, while I look up "Glacies Corporis" I quickly mutter slightly extending my hand up.

As the fan falls it starts freezing, and as soon as it hits the floor, it breaks into snow, not hurting either me or the girl.

Everything stops shaking and I quickly stand up, along with other students, something felt off about this earthquake

"We're safe, everyone" the teacher says reassuring other students who were still shocked, I look at the girl, who was slightly playing with the snow, she looked at me, and I avoided her gaze. "Class dismissed, guys. Go hug your friends and family" he quickly leaves the classroom leaving his thing behind.

I quickly push all of my things inside my bag, and rush out of the classroom, all the way back to Lizzie's and mine new dorm room.

My hand instinctively goes to my necklace, and I play with the ring hanging on the chain

Hearing fumbling inside the room, I push open the door, and see Lizzie and Makkari putting on their shoes, "Are you okay?" "You're still here" Lizzie and I say at the same time and I point to Makkari

"Yeah. Are you okay? We were about to go look for you" Makkari quickly signs to me and I nod, "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you guys okay?" I close the door behind me, I look around to see if something had break, but only a few books had fallen.

I quickly take a look into my room and see it was just like the living room.

"We are fine" Lizzie says as I walk back to the living room, I catch the Twinkie Makkari threw at me, and sat next to her in the couch. "That was kind of an unexpected earthquake" I mutter as I munch into the Twinkie.

"Aren't all earthquake's supposed to be unexpected, genius?"

Makkari and I send a glare to Lizzie, but Makkari's was more playful; I sigh and fumble with the ring, "Something was off about the earthquake" I say and turn to Makkari, "Did you feel it too?"

She shakes her head "no" and I lay my head in her lap, while I nervously eat the last piece of the Twinkie

"Let's just eat more Twinkies, and be grateful we survived that earthquake and didn't end up being squished" Lizzie picks up my legs and sits down. Makkari nods, and she puts okay to the paused TV, the office starts playing, but my mind couldn't stop thinking, about what happened.