x.

2017 LONDON

2017 LONDON

"A forest... that's impressive" I look up from my paint and look back at the guy standing in front of me, "Thanks" I say and apparently he took that as a sign and took a seat on the chair in front of me.

"So you like to paint" he says again and I nod, "What are you studying?" He ask gesturing to the campus outside the coffee shop we where in. I was about to talk but he shakes his head, "Wait, let me guess... you're studying psychology" he says excitedly.

I shake my head and he pouts, "History of Art" I say and grab the coffee the barista brought, "Ahh, I should have know" I frown at what he said, "Why?" "You know the pink hair strips" he says and I subtly rolled my eyes, and looked back down at my painting. "So, do you guys, just sit around and do nothing all day?" He asks again and I start closing my thing holding back a scoff. "I'm sorry, I have to go" I pull out some dollars and put it under the cup of coffee I didn't even touched.

"Oh, really? Well what class do you have next? Perhaps I could go with you" I continued walking ignoring the deja by his sentences had left me. He didn't take the hint and followed me out of the shop and into the campus, "maybe I could join your class, I'm sure it's not that hard" I was about to snap, but a person waving my way and coming distracted me.

"There you are, Lexie" the blond girl about my age stood in front of me, and smiled, "Come on, we have to get going, or we're going to be late" she grabs my arm and turns to the guy, "Sorry, dude, pretty sure Lexie isn't into you, and we have to get going, so..." she started walking with me trailing behind her. When we got to a fair amount of meters away for the guy, we both stopped, "I'm sorry, I saw you were uncomfortable with that guy, and I thought I could help you" the girl says and I smile.

"Thank you, really, I was about to hit him" I tell her and she smiles, "I'm Lizzie, I'm studying architecture, you?"

"I'm Lyra, and I'm studying history of arts" I tell her shaking her hand, "well, it was a pleasure meeting you, Lyra" she says and I smile, "Likewise, Lizzie" I start walking to where my dorm was, and wave my hand at Lizzie.

*******

The next day, I sit on a table cloth laying on the grass, as I wait for Makkari as usual, when she comes to visit me she arrives by the woods and then walks in normally, she would come and tell me about all the things she had 'gotten'.

I was reading a book as I ate some of the berries I brought from my apartment, "Lyra?, hi" I look up from the book and see Lizzie, I smile as she walks towards me, "hi, Lizzie" I say as she sits down next to me, "what are you doing outside?, it's cold and it's going to get colder in the night" I roll my eyes at her.

"I'm waiting for my friend, she should almost be here, we always meet at this time" I tell her and she nods, "Wait, a friend? Like a boy?" She starts raising her eyebrows at me and I shake my head holding my laugh, "No, my friend is a girl, and she's been my best friend for years"

"And that's her" I say as I watch Makkari walk toward me, "Do you want to meet her?" I ask Lizzie as I stand up and she simply nods.

"Chrysa" Makkari signs and hugs me and I laugh rubbing her back, "You saw me two weeks ago, Makkari" I signed to her and she smiled, "I want you to meet someone" i tell her and grab her hand pulling her towards Lizzie, "Lizzie, this is my best friend Makkari" I say to Lizzie and she waves to Makkari, "Makkari, this is Lizzie, she saved me yesterday from a guy" I say signaling to her, she smiled and shooke her head, "Good, we wouldn't want Druig to be mad when you guys see each other again and your with someone else"

"Who's Druig?" I turn to Lizzie and frown, "You know sign language?" I ask her and she nods, "Yeah, I learned it for fun" she say and signs to Makkari, I can't help but smile, but it soon falls off when Makkari answers her question, "Druig, is her ex-boyfriend, they were epic for each other"

"He's not my ex, we just took some time apart" I say to both of them, making Makkkari roll her eyes, "it's that why you dyed your hair" Lizzie asks me, "I tell her the same thing" Makkari agreed she with Lizzie and I groan, "two reasons, number one, I didn't dye my hair for him, and number two, these are just extensions, I didn't dyed my natural hair" the only nod not believing me.

"I like it, it fits your vibes" Lizzie says as her hands reaches for my hair, "there are extensions, they don't look like it" she says moving around my hair and I take her hands, "Stop it" I say and she puts her hands up surrendering and then sits back down.

We spend the afternoon just talking, and apparently Makkari and Lizzie hit it off pretty good, they talked like they had known each other for years.

********

********

"Are you sure, you didn't do a change of style because of this Druig?" Lizzie asks me again as we walked down the street going to the mall, that was closer to the campus.

"For the billion time, Lizzie, I didn't do it for him, I just did it for myself, besides I needed a change, and I like it because whenever I want I can just take them off" I explain to her and she nods, "Fine, relax, it's just it has been proved that break up can lead to doing stupid and reckless stuff" she continues and I groan.

"I know, but I would never do that... because my relationship with Druig was something that worked, and even now that we are apart, I know that when we see each other again, everything will be back to normal, or at least I hope so"

"You know, I would like to meet this Druig" I look at her frowning and she smiles, "so I can threaten him, if he hurts you again" I groan and laugh, "he didn't hurt me" "just saying"