xvii.

Two days later, I am sitting on a bench inside the campus, but outside my dorm room, I had been taking a little time off after experiencing what happened to Ajak

"I'm sorry" a familiar voice says, making me look up from the book I saw trying to read, "I'm really sorry, but you can't blame me, Lyra" Lizzie slumps down in the seat next to me and I look at her frowning, "What?"I ask her confused.

She turns her body to me making me do the same, "When you did that spell, I got worried" she continues, "Makkari told me what happened to you, centuries ago how you lost control, making you have random attacks and then she told me how you completely passed out, with blood coming down your nose" my mind starts remembering that day, out of instinct my hand started playing with the silver bracelet in my hand, the one Ajak has Phastos make when the accident happened.

"So when I saw you inside that spell after a long time of you being still and not moving, I got scared, okay. You are my best friend, Lyra, and I didn't want you to get hurt" she finish saying and I smile lightly at her, "Lizzie, I get it. And I should be the one apologizing, not you" I say to her, "It was just a big unexpected thing what happened and I lashed out to you"

"So no bad feelings?" Lizzie asks and I laugh a bit, shaking my head "No bad feelings"

We sit there in silence looking around the campus, "I'm bored, do you want to go get something at the cafe?" I ask her "Oh, yeah, I want a Frappuccino" Lizzie says and I close my book.

"Makkari said Ajak helped you through what happened during the accident... I'm sorry she died and you had to watch" Lizzie starts talking as we walk around the campus, finding a close café. I smile at her sadly and nod, not being able to say anything.

Lizzie noticed my change of expression as she mentioned Ajak dying and she wraps her arm around my shoulder, pulling me in a hug as we walked, "Why don't you go visit Druig for a while? I know he can make you feel better"

I shake my head again, "No, I don't know I should go" I say and she separates from me and starts walking backwards in front of me, "Why? Why not? He's you husband, you should go and tell him what happened" she says and I sigh, "It's not that I don't want to tell him, I just have this feeling, that the others are going to come soon"

"Deviants are back, they will soon notice and come looking for everyone" I explain her

"Wait other Eternals besides you and Makkari are going to come?" She asks, ever since I told her about myself, Makkari and Druig, she was interested in what we are, wanting to meet the others. I smile at her excitement

"Probably" I say as we enter the café, "How many?"
"I don't know, Lizzie"

******