Party Time

Thursday morning was a whirlwind of exams. The hero board made me take a written exam to make sure that I knew all the laws and regulations that went with being a hero before the actual hero licensing exam that would be held in a month. It was reletively easy which surprised me a bit. Recovery girl then took me to take my exams at the hospital. I breezed through that exam even if it was extensive and took me two hours to complete. I was energized and on cloud nine when I finished though. I checked my phone to see several messages from my friends. Several being in the group chat that Mina had added me to, Talking about the party tonight. One from mom and Zuzu wishing me luck. Three from Suki letting me know in his arogant way that he loved me and to kill the exams. The last message was from Mina. She let me know that she would be coming to get me. I sent her a message back letting her know that I was done and would meet her outside.

While I waited for her and sent a few replies. Zuzu and Suki were both working today so I figured they wouldn't respond much. Howvever, Suki of course had to prove me wrong.

Me: Thanks for the encouragement. I just finished and I think I did well.

Suki: Of course you did. I'd expect nothing less.

Me: Shouldn't you be working right now?

Suki: I am. I'm on xx street now.

Me: Then stop texting while your working. I'll see you at the party tonight.

Suki: I'll do whatever the fuck I want. I can multitask.

Me: hehe. Of course you can. -_-

Suki: Is that sarcasm? Someones got balls today.

Me: Of course I do. It's not like you can do anything about it.

Suki: Keep telling yourself that. What do you have planned for the rest of the day?

Me: Not sure. Mina is coming to get me so it could be anything.

Suki: Tch. Whatever. Be safe.

Me: Always am. Worry about yourself who should be paying attention on Patrol.

Suki: keep it up teddy bear...

I couldn't help the laugh as I looked up to see Mina pulling up. I slide into the passenger seat when she stopped. "Hey Girl. How was the exams?" She asked as she pulled away from the curb. "It was pretty easy. I thought the hero exam would be more difficult but it wasn't that bad." She smiled wide. "That's great. Now, everything is set for tonight so I thought you and me could have a girls day. Go to the spa and get pampered before the party tonight. How does that sound?" I nodded. "That sounds awesome." She quickly got us to the spa and we entered to warm and comforting space. The employees helped us settle and directed us to the locker rooms where we changed into big fluffy white robes. We spent the rest of the afternoon there. Getting a message, nails done, a deep conditioning hair treatment, and even waxing. Which was new for me and I have to say that that was painful but like they say 'Beauty is pain'. By the time we left, I felt like I was completely rejuvinated.

I got back to the apartment and looked for an outfit for tonight as my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and saw that it was a reminder of the time of the party tonight in the group chat. Everyone began to respond that they were all coming. Excitment bubbled in my gut at being able to see everyone again. I placed my hands on a red little number towards the back of my closet and I smiled. I pulled it out and looked at it for a moment before my eyes lifted to the special lingerie that I had stashed and got an idea. I grabbed for my phone.