Chapter 9

3rd POV In the Potter Manor

Sirius transformed back into his human form and grabbed the cage in which Scabbers was locked with a maniacal grin. "Finally, Peter. Finally."

"Sirius, don't kill him. We will take him to the ministry and you will be a free man."

Sirius sighed but nodded. The two of them changed into formal clothes before Harry stepped into the floo, with the cage, and said, "Department of Magical Law Enforcement!"

Sirius followed.

Sirius cast a notice-me-not and went to the Head of Department's office and knocked, before removing the charm from themselves.

"Come in," Amelia Bones called out.

Inside the office

"Good afternoon Madam Bones," Said Sirius. Madam Bones gasped in shock and quickly pointed her wand at him and was about to hex him before she saw Harry.

"Mr. Potter? What are you doing here?"

"Well, I am here to get my Godfather something that he didn't get twelve years ago."

"And what would that be?"

"A trial," Harry replied smoothly.

Madam Bones paled. "Yo-you didn't get a trial all those years ago?"

"No. I didn't."

"And he is innocent. An innocent man who spent more than a decade in a high security cell in Azkaban," Harry said, glowering.

"I-in-innocent?"

"Yes. I was falsely accused of something done by Peter Pettigrew."

"But Pettigrew's dead."

"Not true. He is here," Harry said, presenting the cage which contained an unconscious Pettigrew. "An animagus."

"I will call for an emergency Wizengamot." And with that Madam Bones sent her Patroni to the concerned Lords of Houses and powerful figures that were a part of the Wizengamot.

One hour later, Courtroom ten, ministry basement.

"Dear people of Wizengamot, today we are here for the trial of one Sirius Orion Black III, the Lord of House of Black. 

Interrogators: Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Chief Warlock of Wizengamot; Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister for Magic; Amelia Susan Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement; Kingsley Phoebus Shacklebolt, Court scribe.

Witness for the defense: Harry James Potter," Said Dumbledore.

 "Today at 15:37 Heir Potter and Lord Black arrived to my office and related to me that Lord Black did not receive a trial and therefore requested for one. He disclosed that he never did any of the charges he was convicted for. They also brought the real convict Peter Kelvin Pettigrew and handed him to the Wizengamot," Madam Bones narrated.

"The convicted will be questioned under Veritaserum."

A guard squeezed three drops of the serum on Sirius's tongue.

"Name?" Dumbledore asked.

"Sirius Orion Black the third."

"Date of birth?"

"3rd November, 1959"

"Parents?"

"Orion Black and Walburga Black"

"Were you or were you not the secret keeper for the Potters, ever?"

"I was never the secret keeper for the Potters."

There were collective angry gasps and murmurs, which settled down when Dumbledore asked the next question.

" Did you or did you not reveal the location of the Potters to Voldemort or his followers?"

"I did not."

"Did you or did you not cast the spell which killed twelve muggles and one wizard?"

"I did not."

"Were you or were you not a death eater?"

"I was not."

"Did you or did you not kill Peter Pettigrew?"

"I did not."

"Who was the secret keeper for the Potters?"

"Peter Pettigrew."

"Was Peter Pettigrew a death eater and a spy?"

"Yes."

"Did Peter Pettigrew reveal the location of the Potters to Voldemort or his followers?

"Yes."

"Did Peter Pettigrew cast the spell which killed twelve muggles?"

"Yes."

"What happened on November 1, 1981?"

"I had gone to check on Peter, but he was not in his safe-house. There were no signs of trouble to indicate kidnapping. Panicking and sensing something wrong, I went to where the Potters lived, but it was too late. The adult Potters were dead and Harry was with Hagrid. Their house was broken. Then I realized what must have happened. I chased Peter and cornered him in a muggle street. He realized he won't be able to escape and therefore yelled for everyone to hear how I betrayed Lily and James and led them to their death. Then when I had my wand raised, he held his behind his back and cast the dark spell which blasted the street and killed anyone in the close proximity. He then cut one of his fingers to fake his death, transformed into his animagus form, a rat, and ran into the sewers with the other rats."

"Give him the antidote," Madam Bones ordered and Sirius was back to normal.

"Those in favour of conviction?" Dumbledore asked. Only Dolores Umbridge raised her wand with a sneer on her toad-like face, though Lucius Malfoy's wand hand twitched as though he wanted to raise it. Without Sirius, his son Draco would inherit the Black name and wealth.

"And those in favour of clearing the accused of all charges?" The rest including Dumbledore and Fudge raised their wands.

"It has been concluded that Lord Sirius Black is innocent. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and therefore the victim will be given 50,000 galleons for each year of imprisonment as compensation and the cost of the treatment in Saint Mungo's for the physical and mental harm inflicted on the victim by the dementors and poor hygiene will be paid by the ministry of magic, along with one favor asked by Lord Black, as long as it is in the capacity of the ministry," Concluded Dumbledore.

"While on the topic, it has also been decided that Peter Pettigrew will be stripped of his order of the Merlin, first class and other awards, which will now be given to Sirius Black." At Amelia Bones' words, a grin plastered itself across Sirius's face.

"Is there anything else you might want from us, Lord Black?" Amelia questioned.

"Yeah. Just one thing. The custody of my Godson, Harry Potter."

~Hola! Hope you all are doing well. I will be updating next week again. Sincerely hoping you enjoy my story. Do you want me publish another story? Comment please.

Signing off~