Chapter 33

(A/N: #parseltongue#)

No one POV

About three hours after Harry went to sleep, there was hissing outside his room, immediately waking him up. He relaxed when he realized that it was just his friendly old basilisk.

Harry got off the bed and excited the room to meet his old friend.

#opal# Harry hissed, looking the snake in the eyes. It wasn't a very known fact that parselmouths were immune to a basilisk's gaze.

#Who are you, young speaker? How do you know my name?#  She hissed, glaring at Harry with suspicion.

#It is I, Salazar Slytherin. Remember that I had told you I will be back centuries later in another form?#  Harry said, rubbing the scales between her eyes, as he knew she loved that.

#You are really back? I thought you were saying that to console me because you were dying# Opal said, curling her tail around the small boy.

And thus, old friends we're united and gossiping once again.

At an undisclosed location

A rat was running along the edges of a forest. It was a normal rat at first glance, but there was a lot more to it than that. Currently, the rat was in a rather bad mood.

'After all the great things I have achieved, I have been doomed to possess a mere rat,' thought the rat as it was nearing a village. In the process, it accidentally touched an old filthy rag lying on the ground and disappeared with a resounding pop.

The male rat reappeared in a place he was all too familiar with - Diagon Alley. He realised that the rag was a portkey and quickly moved away from it. After all, who was he to resist the opportunity to be among the wizarding kind again? It wasn't like Albus Dumbledore himself was going to come to Diagon Alley and check a filthy rat to learn if it was being possessed by Lord Voldemort.

It was rather cold outside, so he started looking around for a place to stay for the night when he spotted a newspaper from over a week ago. The article on the front page caught his attention.

'Bellatrix Lestrange executed!

Yes folks, you read it right. Bellatrix Lestrange, a former death-eater who had escaped Azkaban in August, had been captured by none other than our beloved Harry Potter and his close friends, namely Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom, on the day after Halloween. It was discovered that she, not unlike the recently discovered death-eater Peter Pettigrew, was an animagus. She had snuck into Hogwarts as a venomous snake, but fortunately, the above mentioned students recognised her and turned her in to the Headmaster.

After about two weeks in holding and a trial, said death-eater has been executed as of yesterday in the presence of the notable members of the Wizengamot and the ministry, along with her capturers and us reporters.

She was pushed into a mysterious curtain in a place called the death chamber to ensure she died, and not somehow escape the dementors again.

Hopefully, the Minister will take measures to ensure that no more prisoners escape Azkaban, given, Sirius Black, though later proven innocent, had also escaped Azkaban a few months before Lestrange.

Rita Skeeter'

Voldemort let out a shriek of fury, but it came out only as a few ratty squeaks.

In the Chamber of Secrets

A few hours of gossiping later, Harry realized he had to get back to the common room immediately since it was already 7:15 am. He hurriedly said goodbye to Opal and was rushing out to the entrance chamber when sudden, extreme pain shot through the scar on his forehead and he staggered and fell a few rocks nearby, bruises and wounds forming on his hand and legs. When the pain was starting to subside, Harry felt warm liquid on his hand which was clutching his scar.

The scar had somehow split open and was bleeding. None of his healing charms were working on the scar and the bleeding was not subsiding.

He used a secret passage inside the chamber which lead to and are near the Gryffindor common room to get there faster. There were a considerable number of students sitting around the room, all looking up at the Potter when he entered, eyes widening. Ron and Luna rushed to him first, quickly followed by Hermione and Neville. Harry leaned on his friends as they helped him to the washroom in the boys dormitory. Before they could make it to the stairs though, they heard the snap of Colin Creevey's camera.

"What happened?" Neville hissed as he helped Harry out of the filthy and bloody robes. The girls were busy preparing ointments in the dorm room.

"My scar suddenly shot with pain, bleeding, and I fell down on rocks," Harry weakly replied, leaning on the inner wall of the conjured bathtub.

The girls entered with the necessary healing potions and salves. As soon as the girls entered the bathroom, Seamus silently entered the dorm room to eavesdrop on them.

"Anything else happened?" Luna asked, inspecting Harry's lightning scar.

"I transformed last night, and it really tiring. A few of my scars are from the transformation," Harry replied, hissing in pain when Ron applied salve to the wounds on his leg.

"Where did you transform?" Neville asked, bandaging Harry's shoulder.

"In the Chamber of Secrets, since I knew no one would run into me there," Harry said.

"I take the potion worked well?" Hermione asked, handing Harry's torn robes.

"Yeah, but it tastes like mud," Harry responded, accepting the pain relief potion Luna gave him.

Outside the bathroom, Seamus was listening in horror. Harry had transformed into a werewolf last night in the Chamber of Secrets. He had also taken some potion to help him with the transformation. He must have had it rough if the scars and blood were anything to go by. He went back to the common room hurriedly as he heard footsteps coming of the bathroom.

Harry was feeling much better than before and the five of them got their bags and left for breakfast.

~ I do hope that this chapter is proof enough that I am super evil.

I decided to post a day early cause I will be traveling next week so I can't be sure about when I'll post again.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Happy Diwali in advance.

Signing off~