Chapter 12

The train left the platform sharp at eleven. The group in Harry's compartment bid goodbye to their families along with the other students before settling back in. 

The group, other than Harry, sent worried glances towards Neville, who still was a bit green. They began playing exploding snaps whereas Hermione took out her copy of Daily prophet and began reading through. She was about halfway through when she suddenly gasped.

"What's wrong 'Mione?" Ron asked worriedly, looking up from the game. 

"They have published the escape of Bellatrix Lestrange, though in a really small paragraph squeezed almost invisible. It is said that, as she might attempt to attack the students, especially Harry, dementors will be stationed in and around Hogwarts and Hogsmeade..."

"What! Are they mad? Dementors around students. What are they thinking of?" Harry muttered and cursed the stupidity of the Ministry.

"Is there any way to stay safe from those dementors?" Neville asked, frowning hard.

"Yes, there is. But it is a difficult charm to master. The patronus charm," Harry said with a sigh.

"I've heard about it. It is a NEWT level charm and not even most adults can cast it. Is there any other way to repel a dementor?" Hermione asked with fearful pleading eyes. There had been no known way of repelling dementors a millennium ago, so they used to just stay as far as possible from those disgusting creatures. 

"Not as far as I know. Maybe a rune? We have to research," Harry said thoughtfully.

"Mate, what's gotten into you? You are acting a lot like Hermione lately," Ron asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing. It is just that this is an important matter and it can be fatal. So what other choice do we have than having to research, Ron?" Harry said convincingly.

Ron just nodded and went back to playing the game again.

"Is there anyone here who can perform the patronus charm, just in case?" Ginny asked timidly.

"I can," Harry replied absentmindedly.

"Mate, when did you learn it?" Ron asked in great surprise.

"I just did. Dunno when," Harry shrugged as Ron eyed him suspiciously.

"What is your patronus?" Luna inquired.

"A Chamaeleon," Harry replied.

"Amazing! Do you know what is means?" Hermione peered at Harry thoughtfully.

Harry took out a book from his trunk and flipped it open before saying, "Here listen. 'The Chamaeleon plays a big role, especially in the African mythology. Like the smart fox or the thievish magpie, the Chamaeleon has special skills. The Chamaeleon has become a word for all people that know how to blend in into any area. Through the simultaneous look to the back and the front, it is seen as the unit of past, presence, and future. You also count to the people that have a clear overview of all times in his vision.'"

"Woah, that's an accurate description of you mate, especially the 'unit of past, presence and future' part," Neville grinned.

"Oh, shove off."

"But don't you agree, Harry?" Hermione asked teasingly.

"Shut up 'Mione."

Their playful banter was interrupted by the compartment door sliding open.

"Anything off the trolley dears?"

"Oh yes please."

And when the trolley lady left, the compartment was filled with 15 cauldron cakes, 20 chocolate frogs and two boxes of every flavor beans for Harry, 2 licorice wands and 3 pumpkin pasties for Ginny, 5 chocolate frogs and 2 cauldron cakes for Hermione, 2 pumpkin pasties and 5 chocolate frogs for Ron, 10 chocolate frogs for Luna, and 5 licorice wands and a box of every flavor beans for Neville.

Harry put most of his snacks into his bottomless bag with discreet preservation charms before eating 2 cauldron cakes and a chocolate frog. He looked at the card with the frog and choked. Oh, the irony. He had got a card featuring himself *cough* Salazar Slytherin *cough*. He passed the card to Hermione who took one look at it before bursting out laughing, much to the confusion of Ron and Ginny when the other two joined her too after seeing the card while Harry grinned sheepishly.

"What's so funny about getting a Salazar Slytherin card?" Ron asked skeptically when he got a look at the card.

"Oh nothing Ron. Nothing."

~Hello everyone. First, I sincerely apologize for not updating for two weeks. I have exams going on. Secondly, I am planning to write another story after my exams are over. 

Hope you enjoy this chapter! 

Have a good day!

Signing off~