Chapter 14

3rd POV

Hermione returned to the great hall just before the feast began. She mouthed a 'later' to Harry, who looked at her questioningly. They had been alerted of the dementors that will 'guard' Hogwarts from the escaped convict. Harry scoffed and turned to Neville and began discussing the potion to recover his parents in a low voice. When Dumbledore introduced Hagrid and Lupin as professors, Harry clapped for both, identifying Remus as Moony. Soon the feast began. The friends began piling their plates with food, especially Ron. Hermione was talking to Luna, who was just behind her at the Ravenclaw table.

After the feast, they bid goodbye to Luna and went to the Gryffindor common room, though they slipped a note into her hand. The other three founders waited for the others to fall asleep before slipping out of the common room and going to the room of requirements, where Luna was waiting for them. On the way, Hermione told Harry about the time turner.

"Welcome back all of you guys. It has been an honour to meet you ladies and a gentleman," Harry began dramatically, only to be smacked on the back of his head by Hermione, the other two snickering or giggling.

"So anyways guys, we have a few responsibilities for now. First, we have to learn the Patronus charm, find some other way to repel the dementors, find the escapee, find about Voldemort, especially about the diary, and so on. Any suggestions?" Hermione said once they had settled down.

"I will teach you guys the charm. I think I have my suspicions about the diary," Harry said, turning serious.

"What do you suspect?" 

"Have you guys heard of the dark magic called a Horcrux?"

The three paled dramatically. Harry took that as a yes.

"I also have a suspicion that it wasn't his only horcrux. Add it to our mission to be looking for the Horcruxes."

The three nodded and it was silent for a moment before Neville changed the subject. 

"Harry, do you have the potion we were talking about?"

"Yes, though we or your grandmother will need to go to St. Mungo's for administering it to them. We will contact your grandmother on our first Hogsmeade weekend."

"What potion, to whom?" Hermione piped up curiously.

"The potion to help recover the sanity of those who lost it due to the cruciatus curse. For my parents," Neville said looking down at his feet. Hermione, Harry and Luna comforted him before Luna thought of something.

"Guys, won't it be suspicious if we keep disappearing. Our friends would definitely notice. I think that Ron has already noticed something off about Harry knowing thing he doesn't know of Harry studying. What should we do?"

"If you ask me, we should tell our secret to our closest friends and family and put them under secrecy charms," Neville said after pondering over it for a moment.

"And how do you think Ron would react to his bestfriend being the Salazar Slytherin? He absolutely despises me!" Harry said, exasperated.

"I think he will understand if we explain it to him and not the twisted lies which he has heard. Don't worry Harry, we know he will understand. If not, we can always tell him it was a prank or obliviate him," Hermione consoled him.

"What about Dumbledore though? As the headmaster, he will know almost everything that goes on around the castle," Neville asked.

"We could always key the wards to us, leaving only a few keyed to him."

"Hmm, nice idea Puff."

"Do all of you have your occlumency shields?" Harry asked out of the blue.

"Yes." They chorused. Harry tested their shields before nodding.

"Can you fight of the imperious curse?"

"To an extent."

"We should practice that," Harry said, taking out his wand.

"Alright."

So Harry keyed the wards to themselves so Dumbledore wouldn't know of their activities and pointed his wand at Neville first and muttered an imperio. Neville relaxed when the spell made contact with him. "Jump to you right," Harry said in a firm tone. Neville was fighting the curse, but it was not easy since it had been a long time since he last fought off the curse, but he succeeded anyways.

"Well done Nev. Now one more go. You had difficulty and we don't want any. Ready? Three, two, one. Imperio!"

This time Neville fought off the curse easily when Harry told him to do gymnastics, though he did do them after the curse was lifted off him and the group laughed.

Next was Hermione, who took three attempts to fight the curse off and Luna took three too. The Hermione cast the spell on Harry, who fought it off in the first go.

"Well done Harry. We need to formulate the plans, but I think we better do that tomorrow head back to our dorms now as someone needs their beauty sleep." Hermione said mockingly and Harry glared at her, remembering what she and Sirius had done to his beauty sleep earlier that day. They bade goodbye to Luna before sneaking back to the Gryffindor common room, when Neville remembered something and his face lit up. 

"Guys remember the quarters we had built in our common rooms for our descendants and ourselves?"

"Of course! How many rooms does yours have Nev?" Hermione exclaimed.

"In my suite, I have an office, 5 bedrooms and one master bedroom, a huge kitchen, and a few other necessary rooms. It has been extended with magic. The heir suit has 15 bedrooms with the same facilities. The entrance is behind that bookshelf," Neville replied pointing to a bookshelf near the fire.

"Cool. We will discuss the rest tomorrow. Try something again like you did this morning 'Mione, and I will set a dozen snakes after you," Harry threatened and Hermione snorted.

"Won't promise anything. Goodnight!" And Hermione was gone. Harry and Neville went up to their dorm, said goodnight to each other before laying on their beds and falling asleep, not noticing that Ron was awake.

~Hey everyone. I am utterly sorry for not updating in a month. I have board exams coming up and I don't think I will be able to update much for another month. I will try but I can't guarantee anything. And by the way, thank you very much for 2.4k reads! It means a lot to me. 

Signing off~