Chapter 10

Dumbledore froze at those words. After all, Harry needed to be with his aunt for the blood wards to stay up and protect him. But his request was something the ministry could easily provide, and he couldn't do anything about it. He had to talk to Sirius. He needed to. Because if he tried to refuse that, he would be frowned upon, and that wouldn't do.

He was brought out of his musings when Madam Bones said, "That can easily be arranged for Lord Black. Harry Potter will be your ward within a week's time, if he consents to this."

No this couldn't happen. The only other way to avoid this would be if Harry refused. He was begging to whichever God was out there to make Harry refuse.

Harry looked deep in thought. On one hand, he would be away from the muggle world and have someone to rely on (although that was hardly needed), but on the other hand, it was easy to convince the Dursleys to leave him alone without answering a ton of questions and that won't be possible with Sirius. He decided to think as Harry, not Salazar, and looked up smiling.

"Yes, I want to live with my godfather."

Now Dumbledore could not do anything. But he had to. He will have to talk to Sirius to let Harry stay with his aunt for at least a week every summer.

13 August

Harry POV

It has been four days since Sirius was cleared of all charges. Today is the day I will be visiting Hermione. Unfortunately, I couldn't find Neville in the alley so Hogwarts was the next option.

I told Sirius that I will be gone for a few hours at about 10 am with the excuse of going to visit his friend with an elf and asked the elf to pop him near the Diagon Alley. He looked for a hiding spot before apparating and ending up in a hidden alleyway near the Grangers' residence. I walked up the  Charrington Street. 48, 49, 50, 51, 52. Finally I reached 53 Charrington St.

3rd POV

Harry walked up the front steps and knocked on the door. It was opened by Hermione, who lauched herself at her brother-like-friend.

"Harry! It's so good to meet you. My parents are in the drawing room. Come in."

Harry hugged her back with a chuckle and stepped in. He followed her to the drawing room where he was greeted by Mr and Mrs Granger. He politely greeted them back before following Hermione to her bedroom.

"So what did you want to talk about that is so important and secretive?"Hermione asked, like the curious little girl she was.

"Well..." Harry handed her the wand which she held in her previous life.

"What are yo-" Hermione was cut off when the wand recognized her and there was a huge burst of magic, which, fortunately, went unnoticed by the muggles. After a few seconds, Hemione was on the ground, panting. She slowly looked up at Harry, "Sal?"

"Hello Rowena. I knew it was you. Now time for the other two," he replied with a nod and a pleased smile.

"Do you know who they are?" Hermione/ Rowena asked.

"I have a guess on Ric, but not on Helga. All I know is that she is a Ravenclaw who is a year younger than us. The rest we have to figure out. And Ric, I suspect him to be Neville Longbottom. I have to verify though."

"Ravenclaw second year? She would have some Hufflepuff characteristics, wouldn't she?"

"Yeah. Do you know anyone who could be Puff?"

"I do. I suspect that it is Luna Lovegood. She is a Ravenclaw second year who is a Hufflepuff to the core. Don't know why she is in Ravenclaw."

"Alright. This wand doesn't have a trace so we can use magic. No one can know about this rebirth stuff unless absolutely necessary or when we have to tell them, alright? Only you and I, along with the Goblin King know about this. Do you know where this Luna lives?"

"Well, if I am not wrong, she lives with her father on the hill near the Burrow."

"Alright. Let's go."

The pair of them walked down with their wands hidden and told the adults that they were going to the local library before leaving and apparating to the top of the hill near the burrow. They looked around and found a most strange-looking house rose vertically against the sky, a great black cylinder with a ghostly moon hanging behind it in the midday sky.

They walked closer and spotter three hand-painted signs tacked to a broken-down gate. 

The first read,
THE QUIBBLER. EDITOR: X. LOVEGOOD 

the second,
PICK YOUR OWN MISTLETOE 

the third,
KEEP OFF THE DIRIGIBLE PLUMS

"This is the house," Hermione said. The gate creaked as they opened it. The zigzagging path leading to the front door was overgrown with a variety of odd plants, including a bush covered in the orange radish-like fruit. A little owl with a lightly flattened, hawk-like head peered down at them from one of the branches.

Hermione then rapped three times on the thick black door, which was studded with iron nails and bore a knocker shaped like an eagle.

Barely ten seconds passed, then the door was flung open and there stood a young girl with straggly, waist-length, dirty-blond hair, very pale eyebrows, and protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look. The girl gave off an aura of distinct dottiness.

"Hello Luna. We are Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. Mind if we could talk to you for a few moments?" Harry asked, looking like the gentleman he was.

"Sure. I am Luna Lovegood. Would you prefer inside or the garden?" Luna asked, assessing the two.

"Anything's fine," Hermione said and Luna led them to the garden bench, from where they had a beautiful view of the garden and the hill slopes.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

"Well we have a theory and wanted to clear it up with you," Harry said before stowing the Hufflepuff wand in Luna's hand.

And they were right. The wand gave a spark of recognition and magic was dancing around the three. After it settled down, Luna looked at the wand and then at the two.

"You must be Salazar and Rowena, if I am not wrong?"

"Yes we are. You were right Rena. Good you knew her," Harry gave a smile to Hermione.

"So where's the prankster?" Luna/ Helga asked.

"We are yet to find Godric, although we think we know who it is." Hermione said standing up.

"Lay low, Puff. No one can know our real identities unless we trust them very much and have to tell them. Not even our parents or guardians if not necessary." And with that Harry stood up too.

"Sure. But think what people will say when the hear that the great Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, the saviour of the wizarding world is the reincarnation of the big bad evil Salazar Slytherin," Luna said with giggle. Hermione snorted and Harry pouted, though he'll deny it later.

"I am not bad or evil. Nor will people find out."

"Did you notice that none of us are in our own houses? Maybe except for Ric," Hermione said.

"Well, that may be true, but the hat sincerely wanted to put me in Slytherin. I begged it not to," Harry said with a roll of his eyes and a slight grimace.

"So did the hat wanted to put me and Luna in our own houses, but we convinced it to put us in our current houses. At least we did not beg," Hermione said with a smirk.

"Whatever. I am leaving. Goodbye." Harry apparated away, muttering and pouting, leaving the two girls in fits of laughter.