Chapter 11

1 September

The last two weeks before school went by faster that you can say 'quidditch'. Hermione had talked to her parents and came to live with Harry for those weeks. They remained in touch with Luna. Today was the day they would be going back to Hogwarts.

Harry Potter was woken up at half past seven by a bucket of ice dropped on him. He cursed and got his wand out before looking around and saw Sirius and Hermione snickering. He sent them a glare before getting up, brushing, taking a shower, wearing muggle clothes and trying to make his raven hair lay flat (unsuccessfully so).

Pocketing his trunk, he went to the dining room and began buttering his toast when he saw the pair who had disturbed his beauty sleep walking down the stairs. He smirked before summoning a snake and told her to only scare the two, being specific not to harm them.

Sirius and Hermione were so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't notice anything until the snake wound herself around Sirius's torso, making him let out a girly shriek. The snake, who was now called Scales, playfully snapped at the grim animagus before proceeding towards the Ravenclaw founder.

She took a step back before yelling, "HARRY JAMES POTTER! CALL THE SNAKE BACK BEFORE I HEX YOU INTO THE NEXT CENTURY!"

Harry collapsed from his seat laughing so hard at the fruitless threat and the expressions and reaction of the two that it left him in stitches. When he finally got a hold of himself, he called Scales back, who obediently came back and wrapped around Harry's arm.

"Harry, I didn't know that you were a parselmouth..." Sirius said once he realised it.

"Yeah well, I am. I found out last year. Professor Dumbledore said that the night Voldemort attacked me and my parents in Godric's Hollow, he transferred some of his powers into me," Harry said with a shrug. Sirius nodded and they left in a muggle car after breakfast.

They arrived at King's cross with an hour and a half to spare. Carrying their pets in their cages, they walked towards the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Being as inconspicuous as possible, they entered the magical platform with a scarlet steam engine. Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the small chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks. The first few carriages were already filled with a handful of students, some hanging out of the window to talk to their families, some fighting over seats. Harry pushed his cart off down the platform in search of an empty seat along with Hermione.

While walking down the platform, he passed the very person he needed to find. Neville Longbottom. Harry nudged Hermione and she nodded at him, following his gaze. Since they had their luggage in their pockets, Hedwig already sent to Hogwarts, they were able to freely walk around. 

"Hey Neville!" Harry called out cheerfully.

"Harry! Hermione!" He walked over to his friend as his grandmother watched him with a small smile on her face. He finally had friends.

"Hello Neville, I hope you had an enjoyable summer." Hermione greeted.

"Yes, I did. Guys meet my Gran. Gran, these are my friends, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger."

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Longbottom," Harry and Hermione said in unison.

"It good to meet you too. Neville speaks a lot about you," Augusta Longbottom replied with a polite smile.

"Hello Lady Longbottom. Long time, no see," Sirius said with a grin.

"Sirius! Good to see you again. And call me Augusta. How many times have I told you."