Chapter 37

~Hello guys! Today, 17 years ago, on 26th April 2006, a huge tragedy occurred. Read to find out what.~

Neville leapt out of his seat and grabbed Harry in a tight hug, startling the other boy.

"Thank you so much, thank you so much!" Neville muttered over and over. Harry finally understood, and just clapped his friend's back in a silent show of support and congratulations.

"What's going on?" Ginny asked, as the other Gryffindors looked on curiously.

"My mum's recovered!" Neville told them with the biggest grin ever.

"Recovered?" Ron asked as Luna and Hermione congratulated Neville.

"Will tell you guys later," Harry said. He really didn't want Neville to relive that right now.

"We should go to bed. Maybe with the Headmaster's permission, we can go visit your parents tomorrow," Hermione told Neville gently, pulling the boy off Harry.

The next morning was relatively uneventful as Neville woke his friends up and sat restlessly in the common room for the girls to emerge. Luna and Ginny came down first, followed by Hermione who had managed to tame her hair. The group left the common room and turned towards Dumbledore's office when they ran into the man himself.

"Good morning children. Going somewhere?" The old man asked with a bright smile.

Neville told him the news and asked for the permission for all of them to visit Saint Mungos.

Albus was dumbfounded to say the least. All these years, he thought there was no cure at all, but Augusta sent a letter to her grandson the Alice Longbottom had almost recovered.

Once he got over the shock, Albus was delighted. Alice had been one of Arina's best friends after all, and a caring girl in general. He beamed at the young blonde boy and replied, "Of course Mr. Longbottom. You may use the floo connection from my office. It is a good thing that you don't have classes today."

"Thank you Headmaster," Neville was bouncing on his heels by this point. The man chuckled as he led the group towards his office.

The six flooed to the St. Mungos lobby and went to the recovery ward where they saw Augusta buttering up a toast for Alice. The younger lady still looked quite lost, but was definitely there. A young looking witch was buzzing around, preparing a bath for Alice. She was the first person to notice the group of students.

"Hello. May I help you?" She asked. Augusta looked up and beamed at them.

"Neville! Harry! Come in all of you," The old lady said. Alice looked at them one after the other, her eyes fixating on Neville. She smiled softly and patted an empty space on the bed. Neville sat down and hugged his mother.

Neville's friends and Augusta decided to give the two hugging people some privacy and left the ward. On their way to the cafeteria, they saw a lot of Aurors looking like they were investigating something.

Fortunately, Tonks was there too and Harry waved her over.

"Tonks! Do you know what's going on?"

The pink haired witch was frowning worriedly.

"A Head of Department was attacked in his home. His house elf brought him here. He is in a critical condition. Madam Bones is currently questioning the crying House elf."

~Well, sorry for the short chapter. Has anyone guessed what today is?

My birthday. I am now an of age witch. My birth was the biggest tragedy ever indeed.

Signing off~