Chapter 34

No one POV

The rumours of Harry being a werewolf was buzzing in the Great Hall when the quintet reached there.

Harry ignored them as he buttered his toast and bit into it. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Dumbledore and Snape looking tense, ready to get up from the table, but Minerva stopped them with a hand gesture.

Harry's first class was charms, during which they practiced the shrinking charm.

Next was, unfortunately, DADA. Normally, this wouldn't have been a problem, but today the class would probably be conducted by Snape.

The class was torture, with Snape glaring and other people staring at Harry. He wanted to scream at them to stop, but when the teen had just about lost control, Salazar had put up occlumency shields behind which the younger wizard could hide.  It was too much for him, slowly merging his mind and memories with the wizard he once, to some extent, hated. Then with all the stares. While he was rather used to it with being the boy-who-lived and all, but in the end, he was just a hormonal teenager with a lot of issues. He had to admit and it was great to have someone else, who did not mean him harm, taking control of his body while he just hid away.

By tea time, all six of them, including Ginny, were fed up from dealing with all the fearful whispers and stares that Harry was getting. It was like the Heir of Slytherin business all over again. Jokes on them though, because Harry was Salazar Slytherin himself.

All of them agreed that it would be a good idea to have dinner in the Potter manor with Sirius and Harry could sleep there if he wanted.

At Harry's request, Bipsy apparated them to Harry's bedroom. As they walked down the stairs, they could hear the Weird Sisters on the wireless from the sitting room. And as it ended, they heard something else that made them stop their approaching.

Sirius started singing a muggle kindergarden rhyme, but not really.

"Old McGonagall had a class
E-I-E-I-O
And in her class she had a dog
E-I-E-I-O
With a woof woof here
With a woof woof there,
Here a woof, there a woof,
Everywhere a woof woof.

Old McGonagall had a class
E-I-E-I-O
And in her class she had a rat
E-I-E-I-O
With a squeak squeak here
With a squeak squeak there,
Here a squeak, there a squeak,
Everywhere a squeak squeak.

Old McGonagall had a class
E-I-E-I-O
And in her class she had a werewolf
E-I-E-I-O
With a howl howl here
With a howl howl there,
Here a howl, there a howl,
Everywhere a howl howl.

Old McGonagall had a class
E-I-E-I-O
And in her class she had a stag
E-I-E-I-O
With a grour grour here
With a grour grour there,
Here a grour, there a grour,
Everywhere a grour grour.

Old McGonagall had a class
E-I-E-I-O
And in her class she was a cat,
E-I-E-I-O
With a meow meow here
With a meow meow there,
Here a meow, there a meow,
Everywhere a meow meow.

Old McGonagall had a class,
E-I-E-I-O E-I-E-I-O E-I-E-I-O..."

The six stood still just out of view all this time in both shock and amusement. They saw Sirius taking a deep bow to the empty couches and opened his mouth again, probably to sing in his horrible horrible voice again when Neville couldn't control himself any longer and doubled down laughing. Sirius shriek didn't improve things either.

"What are you all doing here?" Sirius asked, blushing a shade of red that could have rivalled the Gryffindor emblem. 

"We wanted to have dinner with you and probably sleep in the manor. You know, tomorrow's Saturday," Ginny said, smiling with a very Dumbledore-ish twinkle in her eyes.

"Could have given me a warning though," the dog animagus muttered.

"And miss out on the 'concert'? I think not," Harry laughed. Sirius groaned miserably as they all got seated in the sitting room, waiting for thee dinner to be prepared.

"So Harry," Sirius broke the silence. "You remember you promised to tell me the reason for removing the golden cup from Bellatrix's vault? I think you still owe me that explanation."

The six looked at each other, and when all of them agreed to reveal their mutual secret, Harry let out a long suffering sigh. Luna pulled out the cup in question from an expanded pocket in her robe.

Then Harry and Hermione put up complex charms that would not allow any form of eavesdropping, even excluding the portraits from their conversation. Sirius raised an eyebrow when he noticed Harry using a different wand from what he was used to seeing.

~Hello everyone. Really sorry for not updating in weeks. I know it's been almost a month. But... 1) I had been on vacation, and I have travel sickness. 
2) I have school projects and exams one after another. Under strict supervision. What I have managed to type for this chapter is what I have managed to sneak in during rare moments of their absence.

3) I hate writer's block. I really really hate that little piece of shit.

So yeah, I have had responses even still, and I am really grateful to whoever stuck around despite my lack of discipline. I will try sneaking in another chapter as soon as possible, but no promises. 

Oh, and Happy Children's day! (In India)

Signing off~