Chapter 38

The group left in shock and moved toward the cafeteria. Augusta looked at Harry and asked, "Are all of your friends here like you? Can we speak openly?"

To her relief, Harry nodded.

"She knows?" Ginny asked, surprised.

"It was Mr. Potter who gave me the potion to cure Alice and Frank. Neville and Harry told me so that I could trust the potion," Augusta replied.

"So, what do you think about his attack?" Hermione asked the group.

"I say that this is not something to be taken lightly, we must keep our eyes and ears open for any kind of news. And also be alert at all times," Ginny said firmly. Fighting and dying in war is an experience enough to make you able to see the threat clearly ahead of you, especially when you were the daughter of one of the leaders.

"I agree. Madam Longbottom, please keep us updated since we are not privy to much of what happens at the ministry," Harry verbalized after a moment. Before anyone else could comment anything, an old woman in mediwitch robes walked up to them, eyes shining.

"Augusta! Good news, Frank has gained some consciousness and awareness. He is asking for You, Neville, Alice and... your husband," Some of her excitement faded towards the end.

Augusta's face was full of joy as she got up and pulled the mediwitch into a fierce hug and left to go to her son. The witch turned to the rest of them and introduced herself with a smile.

"I am Amanda White, Augusta and I used to be classmates and good friends. You have no idea how broken she was at Frank and Alice's fate at the end of the last war. I better go before she chokes Frank with a hug."

The group traced their way back to Neville. When they got there, they saw Alice chatting with Neville. That was when she really noticed the rest of them.

"James? Lily?" She was staring at Harry and Ginny.

"Mom, these are my friends, Harry Potter, Ginny Weasley, Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Luna Lovegood," Neville told her gently, pointing at each of them as he introduced them.

She peered at them curiously, her gaze lingering on Harry.

"You look a lot like your father but you have your mother's eyes," Alice said, repeating what many had said to Harry after his return to the Wizarding World. Harry smiled at her and bowed his head in acknowledgement.

The group was joined by Frank and Augusta a couple of hours later.

They all spent merry time together before Hermione reminded them painfully; they had to return to Hogwarts.

The six were back in Godric's office. Harry and Hermione were working on the assignment whereas Luna was teaching Ron and Ginny the patronus charm.

Ginny already knew the charm, though she needed to practice as it would change with the change in her personality.

Harry helped Ron out as he had finished his assignment. As Harry was demonstrating the spell, it accidentally flew towards the shelf where trinkets were kept. Helga's cup fell from the sudden push and they could hear a shriek.

Hermione's eyes widened as inspiration struck her. She lifted her wand and directed her own whale towards the cup. They could see something black and smokey rise from the cup, screaming and thrashing. It spotted the teenagers and made to attack them. Harry was quick as he pulled up a small bronze cube he found, causing the soul piece to get absorbed into it instead.

Luna's face split into a grin as she cast the spell to expel the horcrux in Salazar locket, which they trapped in the same cube as before. They had finally found an easy way to get rid of the horcruxes without having to destroy their precious possessions.

~Yeah, don't kill me, please. I know I haven't updated in forever and this is super short. I deeply apologize for it. It is quite the responsibility, fostering a one month old kitten.

Happy birthday to Harry Potter and anyone else with a birthday today.

Signing off~