[007] CIRCLES

Junior year was terrifying on paper, but the comfort of hearing his voice gave me a certainty that I'd live through it

Junior year was terrifying on paper, but the comfort of hearing his voice gave me a certainty that I'd live through it. The burning sun cut through my collarbones. My back ached with a burning desire to feel his presence light up my life once again. We hadn't spoken since my incident at the library.
To say I was anxious was an understatement; I had riled myself up for a year of success and i'd be lying if i said i was confident in that goal. It was challenging to balance an academic life between every tumultuous turn life handed me.
The sun was still hidden as I ran the brush through my hair. Exhaling deeply as if to ward off the anxiety, my door creaked open. Her evil eyes preyed on me, but I shunned them away, giving her an equally frosty look. The floorboards creaked, and my breathing returned to normal as she descended down the hallway.
I didn't stop to say goodbye; there was no need to, my bruises were a sickly reminder of all my wrongdoings. My eyelids could barely keep apart but they shot wide open as I felt his arms wrap around my waist, sending a tingling feeling down my spine. To avoid startling him off I took a deep breath and plastered on a grin.
"Aren't you excited!?" his voice traveled through various octaves as the excitement reached his bloodstream. "You are?" we giggled as he took my hand steadily in his. It was so strange to me the way he effortlessly slipped his hand into mine, the way he wore a wide smile on his face as if to show the world I was the one for him.
"I take it you're the famous Selena we've been hearing about?" a towering boy with a pale complexion and obsidian hair took a seat across from me. I cocked my head up and raised an eyebrow, "Depends, who's asking?". He chuckled and reached his hand out as he pushed his Ray-Ban glasses up with the other, "Richie, Richie Tozier". Steadily, we shook hands as Stan took a seat to my left.
Richie Tozier was a familiar face. Notorious for his loser status, he was quite charming once you ripped through the blunt first impression. Tozier was a witty, sophisticated boy who seemed to be able to prevail amongst the expectations that'd been set of him. Maybe I'd been too quick to judge beforehand, Tozier was sweet and lit up any room with his laughter.
As more of his friends gathered around, a warm feeling began growing within me and I would relinquish myself to it entirely. That fuzzy feeling that started from the top of my head and spread to my feet was acceptance and it'd already made a great first impression. In that moment I felt stable and abundant with joy as if I could conquer the world with my newfound smile plastered on my face. I was going to be just fine.

A/N
———

this chapter is soooo short and really sucks but bear with me, i wanted to keep updating consistently so y'all don't lose interest 🌝🌝. btw this is so bad it doesn't even explain what happened but it's the first day of school and lena is reintroducing herself to his friends <3333 honestly this is more of a filler lol. love u.