Soulmate Pt 4

When Kara got home she couldn't help but lay in her bed with a big smile on her face and butterflies in her stomach.

'Wowie. Lena is so amazing and understanding.' She thought to herself as she relived the past couple of hours through her head.

*Knock Knock Knock*

'Who the hell could that be?' Kara thought as she stood up and started marching towards her door. Pulling down her glasses, she uses her x-ray vision to scan through the door.

With a shocked look she opens the door and says in a high pitch voice, "Alex!! Kelly!!... Lena!! What are you guys doing here?"

The 3 ladies walk into her apartment and place down their bags and coats on the kitchen table.

"Kara, don't tell me you forgot! It's game night! J'onn, Brainy and Nia should be here soon."

Kara immediately turned white as she remembered game night and that she had invited Lena to it earlier in the day, before they talked.

Alex and Kelly walked off together towards the fridge while talking where they moved to the couches when they got beer.

Lena stayed where she was with one hand on the kitchen table, the other on her hip, and looking at Kara with a raised eyebrow and a look of amusement.

"Did someone forget?" Lena said in a smooth joking tone.

Kara now has went from white with shock to red with embarrassment. Her eyes darted away from Lena and she crossed her arms as she replied, "Maybe just a little?"

"Just a little?" Lena says while taking a step closer.

All Kara could think about was their kiss together and how she wants to take Lena by the hand and pull her in for another kiss. But she doesn't.

Kara changes the conversation while starting to walk over to the fridge. "Can I get you anything? There is beer, whiskey, water?.." Kara asks while glimpsing over her shoulder to Lena.

Lena followed Kara to the fridge and was leaning with her back against the counter. "Whiskey please."

Kara pours Lena her whiskey and when she hands it to her, she let's her hand linger for a little while before dropping her hand to her side and leading Lena to the couches to get the board games out.

While this was happening, Kelly and Alex were talking about their days up until Kelly noticed Lena leaning against the counter.

"Alex, look!" Kelly whispers and nods her head towards the kitchen.

"I'll be damned. Lena definitely is... what were the words my sister used?... fruity." Alex replied with a laugh and smirk.

The two of them watched as Kara handed her the whiskey and the hands linger.

"I knew it." Alex softly says to Kelly with an 'I told you so tone'. Kelly was adamant that Kara wasn't into women, but she could see that she was very wrong.

Kelly slowly handed Alex $10. Yes they had made a bet.

When the ladies walked over, Alex spoke up. "So Lena, tell us about yourself."

As Lena sat down on the couch and folded her legs under her she gave Alex the 5 minute elevator speech that she has so effortlessly memorized. Talking about being adopted, taking over Luthor Corp, her newest developments, where she grew up, schools she attended. Essentially everything you could learn from a Google search.

"No, I mean the real stuff!" Alex said with a sarcastic groan. "Relationships, what makes you happy, favourite foods, come on give us the tea."

Kara gave Alex a soft smack on Alex's shoulder which caused Lena to chuckle.