Meddling

"Hey Alex! How's it going?" Kara says as she lands in the DEO.

"Oh it's goings well, but I do have an unusual assignment for you. I need you to monitor Lena Luthor. But you need to go undercover and not let her know." Alex says as she pulls up a dossier on Lena.

On a large screen, it showed Lena luthor with her hair tied up and in a 3 piece suit.

"She is the CEO of L Corp, we need you to get close to her. This will be a long mission and I won't be able to tell you what the goal is here." Alex says as she starts downloading everything onto a drive for Kara to take home with her.

"You got it Alex, I'll get Cat to book an interview with her for me." Kara replies as she grabs the drive and puts it into her pocket.

After the two sisters catch up, Kara flies back to CatCo and fills in Cat Grant in on what is going on.

"I knew it would be beneficial for you to finally admit you were Supergirl. I'll get that interview for you, don't you worry." Cat replies smuggly. The year before she forced Kara to admit she was Supergirl and ever since she has been helping Kara work as a report and as a superhero.

***Back at the DEO***

"Hey Alex, anything new for me?" Lena says as she saunters in. Lena was recruited by Alex just over a year ago when she initially came to National City. Alex thought Lena would make a great fit because of Lena's technological, medical, and extraterrestrial knowledge. Lena usually is in the lab working on tech and stuff to aid in the capture of criminals for Supergirl, but she never actually has met Supergirl. She has tried to catch glimpses but Lena's celebrity crush never stayed at the DEO long. She doesn't count the countless times she has helped Supergirl when she was unconscious and under the sun lamp as meeting her.

So it was a shock to her when Alex said, "I actually do have a new assignment for you, I need you to go undercover and get close to Kara El."

Alex filled Lena in on the reporter for CatCo and handed her a dossier as well. Lena hid her excitement of her first undercover job from nobody.

Lena headed back to L Corp where she had a message waiting from Jess, informing her of Kara El wanting to interview her.

Lena had immediately told Jess to set up the interview for the following morning.

Both of the ladies lent back in their chairs in their own offices with smug looks on their face and thought, "this is going to be a piece of cake."

The next morning Kara walked into the L Corp meeting with 2 coffees in hand and approached the assistant sitting by Lena's office.

"Hi, I'm here for an interview with Ms. Luthor?" Kara said kindly as Jess looked up from her computer.

"Oh yes, just have a seat and I'll let her know you are here." Jess replied as she picked up the phone to call Lena.

Kara sat down in the chair next to the office door, immediately the office door opened and Lena stepped out.

'Holy shit she's hot.' They both thought.

"Hi! Ms. El was it?" Lena said as she held the door open for Kara.

"Oh please call me Kara." She replied as she walked into the office. Kara looked around the room to see the minimalistic art work and furniture set around the room.

"Well Kara, how about we sit at the couch and we can get this started!" Lena says smoothly as she takes a seat on the couch and leans her arm against the top of the couch.

"That sounds perfect. So, Ms. Luthor.."

Kara was immediately interupted by Lena saying, "Please, if I'm calling you Kara, call me Lena."

"Okay, Lena," Kara says with a small smirk. "You have been in National City for a year? How have you been growing as a company here?"

The interview started, both of them were thinking to themselves how easy it will be to insert themselves into each others lives because of how open and friendly the other was being.

At the end of the hour, Kara stood up and said, "Lena, thank you for doing this. I look forward to hearing what you think of it."

Lena stood up and stepped slightly closer to her and looked at Kara's lips before making eye contact again and replying, "I'm sure it will be marvelous. But we should plan a lunch to talk about it after it's published."

Kara slightly bit her lip before agreeing and the two set up a plan for lunch for the following week.

When Kara finally left and headed back to CatCo, Lena called Alex and informed her that 'The plan is set in motion.'

When Alex got off the phone, Kara had landed in the DEO main room and informed her that she is 'getting into place.'

When Kara left, Alex laughed to herself before dialing a number.

"You will never guess what I got up to today." Alex says as she leans against the desk.

"What did you do?" Kelly on the other line says with skepticism.

"I set up Lena and Kara."

"How? We have tried so many times but it has never worked out! They are like passing ships!" Kelly says with shock and excitement.

"Well.... it might not have been the most correct way." Alex says while dragging out her words and shrugging her shoulders.

"What did you do?" Kelly replied sternly.

"I might have given them missions to insert themselves in each other's lives." Before Kelly could react Alex continued with a rambled, "I promise I won't let it go on for long. Just long enough to get them friendly!"

After a long silence Kelly replied, "Alex. You need to stop meddling."