Pallets

Kara POV

Today has been such a beautiful day. And I also get to go see my beautiful girlfriend for lunch again. Every Thursday we make sure to have lunch at Lena's office so we can talk about the shenanigans that goes on at Catco and L-Corp during the week. Sure we are with eac hother every night, but it has been our little tradition that has lasted from when we first met 3 years ago until now.

Looking around National City as I walk to L-Corp is one of my favourite things. I get to see everyone, the commotion, the laughter, the clouds, the birds, well basically everything that I protect. I love the city so much!

Today was a very "reminisce on the times I've saved the world" kind of day and they come often but not all the time.

Myriad, Cadmus, Reign, Red Daughter, Leviathan, not to mention that Hitler world and all the other dimensional ones with the rest of the Super Friends. But some of the times I've fought, the ones that hurt the most, weren't about saving the world. They were the ones about saving my family and my friends. Only Rao nows how many times I've had to do that.

I've almost lost Alex and Lena too many times for me to count! They mean the world to me and I don't know what I would do if I lost them for good.

The flashbacks to Alex in the tank and Lena kidnapped by her mother is too overbearing for me, I can't lose them like I lost my mom on Krypton and when I lost her again to the destruction of the multiverse.

It seems I lose everyone I love. It seems everyone I love dies, and I will be all alone eventually. I'm going to be the last one I know left!

I really need to sit down for a minute. This pile of pallets on the edge of this alley will do. I don't want strangers to come up to me.

Lena POV

"Jess! Make sure you let Kara in when she comes. Don't make her wait." I yell out of my office. Looking at my watch, I think 'Kara should be here by now.' She was supposed to be here 30 minutes ago.

"Ms. Luthor. You tell me this every week. I know. She's just not here yet." Jess replied while sticking her head in the door. This just made me panic for Kara's safety even more.

Usually if she is going on a Supergirl mission she let's me know. This is not like her at all.

I pick up my phone and send her another text but with no response I try to call her, but it yet again sends me to voicemail.

"Kara I'm really worrying now. Please let me know if you are okay. You have 5 minutes until I start searching for you honey." I hang up the phone and immediately start to call Alex, J'onn, Brainy, James, even trying Snappers but nobody has seen her since she left to come here.

I collect my things and I start walking down the street towards Catco. Kara takes the same route everyday so I know exactly where to go.

Everyone is looking at me, its not often they see 'Lena Luthor, CEO Billionaire' walking the streets of National City alone... let alone in a panic.

I was glimpsing around every corner looking for a sign of her clothes, a belonging, her or anything until I finally find her.

Sitting a little ways into an alley, she's sitting on a pile of dirty pallets with her head in her hands and you could tell something was wrong.

She wasn't responding to me calling her name from the street so I ran over to her and the minute I got close I could see she was having a panic attack.

I know that she gets them, but I have never been around her when she's had one normally it's Alex who is.

When I'm right by her, I call her name softly again and she looks up and she has tears running down her face and she is breathing rapidly.

"Kara darling, I'm right here. Everything is going to be alright." I say as I sit down next to her on the pallets and hold her tight.

"L-L-lena. I ca-can't."

Kara was trying to talk during her sobbing and breathing which made me hold her tighter and tell her calmly, "Kara. I'm here. You don't need to say anything right now. Just try to breathe. Remember what you and Alex have been working on."

Kara stops trying to speak and you can hear her try to change her breathing as she hold onto me tighter than before.

We must have been like this for at least 30 minutes before Kara felt okay enough to let go slightly.

She explained her fears of losing everyone and what led up to this panic attack.

"Kara, you are never going to lose me. I promise you that. I am not going to let anyone that is dear to you or me die ever." I say to her while holding her cheeks and wiping the last of her tears with my thumbs.

I look into her eyes and can see her fear. I give her the look of re-assurance and trust back to her.

I pull her in for another hug and when she was ready we hopped off the pallets and we took the rest of the afternoon off to head back home and relax with each other.

I sent Alex a text as well to let her know what happened and to ask for her to show me what to do for Kara in these moments. Of course Alex agreed to teach me and insisted on coming over, I let her know that right now Kara is okay and we are going to be off for the rest of the day.

I love Kara more than anything, it pains me she has to go through these but for the meantime, I will learn and remind her of my love.

Authors note:

A request from Marion_Bdd hope its something along the lines you wanted :) thank you for the request!!