Chapter 15

January 21, 1981
CIA HQ

"... but I digress." Hudson finished his small history lesson.

"Back to our main point, he simply refuses to talk about any relevance to our questions. If he responds its with smart insults. From what we've seen, I don't think part of him is... all there." Adler tapped the side of his temple before sliding him film to place into the projector.

"Tag teaming it this time?"  The footage began as Anthony looked up from his table to see Adler and Park walk in the room. With them they carried in a cart of tools of all various kinds.

"Go ahead... finish me off! Finish the job! I don't don't want to feel bad anymore." Anthony shouted before returning to a calmer tone. He was covered in his own blood and so were their hands.

"Well if he won't talk take care of him and move onto the next." Hudson said, the film still playing.

"We're not going to come by anything like this ever. This is Perseus' right hand." Adler paused. "I'm suggesting he go into the MKUltra program."

"You can't be serious." Hudson scoffed.

"Its been done before, Mason seemed to turn out alright."

"Mason is still undergoing a bit of a recovery process with therapy sessions."

"But he's not insane."

"No, Mason isn't. But he seems to already be missing a screw or two and he hasn't even been exposed to psychological exercises."

"I would guess his lack of sanity stems from past expereinces." Adler handed Hudson a newspaper. Terror Strikes Moscow! the paper read. 1968.

"Seems like Petrov didn't have a good day that year."

"Neither did his family."

"Someone must have really wanted to convert the boy to their side. The paper says hes dead."

"Probably Perseus' doing."

"There has to be another way for him to tell you something." Hudson tossed the paper aside.

"There isn't we've tried everything. I mean it. Everything. This could end the war and we're short on time Hudson. Right now Perseus and his men are planning their next move. Think about all the lives this kid could save." Adler sounded almost desperate.

"I can't. Its not a good idea."

"Hudson we can't afford for an opportunity like this-"

"We wouldn't be having this conversation if you had taken care of it when you were told to!" Hudson snapped.

"If everyone lived in the past like you did the nations would have kept pointing fingers to one another and NATO never would have been formed. So its life or death Hudson. You either care enough to protect them or you don't." Adler said plainly. There was a long silence in the room.

Hudson let out a sigh. "Put him under. But when this thing is over, I want him dead. His very existence could cost us more than just our jobs." Hudson gave in.