Chapter 21

1981 Berlin

His eyes felt heavy.

"You allowed him to free from your grasp?" Volkov judged.

"I-I don't know how. But I brought him to you." Kraus stammered, slightly raising a defensive hand.

Bell began to open his eyes. He was tied up in a chair, Greta right along side him to his right. A few gaurds surrounded the group but he was sure there were most likely more scattered in the background. There was Volkov and a man right next to him. Alexi Reznov. They stood talking to Kraus.

"That makes this much less unpleasant for you." Alexi said dangerously, a thick Russian accent.

"Perseus has been looking for this one." Volkov slowly turned his head back towards the recovering Bell.

"Then you'll let Perseus know I captured him?"

"I should tell him you nearly lost his prized possession. So we'll call it even and say that we captured him without any inconveinance." Alexi scolded.

"We have Greta Keller as well." Kraus pointed to her. "Her informant didn't give up much before he was eleminated but she must still be worth something."

"Ah, Finally." Volkov heard Bell manuvering in his seat, ignoring Kraus. He was pleased to see the young man awake. He turned the chair around and sat infront of Bell. "Perseus has a large bounty on your head.

"Who doesn't?" Bell scoffed. After all it felt like everyone outside the walls of the safehouse was out to get him. But it was after all part of the job. 

"Who do you work for?" Volkov asked.

"I'm a one man show Mr. Wonton." Bell screwed up his name only to aggrivate the man.

"Its Anton, you moron." Volkov punched Bell straight in the mouth, reopening a wound from earlier.

"You know." Bell spit out blood on Volkov's shoes "..you really should treat your guests better." He said with a sly smirk. He held a dramatic pause as if someone where to invade in the moment and rescue him. Bell chuckled. "Your dumbasses fell for it too!" He laughed, seeing them look around.

"Will you shut up already!" Great turned to Bell, afriad of what they might do.

"Don't worry Keller, I got this. I watched James Bond." He gave her an assuring wink.

"What kind of fool are you?" Alexi shouted as Anton shoved his boot into Bell's injured ribs, he winced.
Do you think you will die with dignity here?!" He propped his foot onto the chair between Bell's knees, a pistol visible in his hand. Bell was running out of smart remarkes to say.

"You are damaged goods. Only a grave can cure a hunchback." Volkov looked down on Bell.  Bell looked past the man's face to see his friends preparing to rescue him.

"Well then, don't let me beat you to it Wonton." Bell said slyly. At the same time, the glass from above shattered and smoke canisters fell to the floor, creating grey clouds. Bullets flew and Volkov was shot in the arm. He ran into the smoke, pistol in hand and Alexi covering him. Kraus scattered, trying to run but was shot through the chest. He fell, his breifcase in his arms. Gaurds around him were shot immidatly.

He watched as three figures descended on cables from the roof. As they met the floor, they dissapeared from his paripherial vision. He tried to look near his feet to see what was happening.

"Adler!" He shouted only to be ignored.

"Park!" He yelled, seeing her in the smoke taking care of the bad guys. "Mr. Bond, your assitance is requested!" He was tired of being tied up, he could feel circulation cutting off.