Chapter 3: Escape from the Empire

I feel that warning feeling washing over me again, although this time it's not alerting me to any danger. It's more like my senses are much sharper. My eyes slowly start to open, and I start to become aware of my surroundings. "Where the heck am I now?" I mutter as I sit up. Around me, there are a couple of couches and a little table built into the floor and a really big table towards the back of this little area I'm in. This thing is also moving, does that mean I'm on a starship? Somewhere else I hear some people talking about something. I'm also feeling better than I did before I passed out; in fact, I'm feeling better than I did BEFORE I started feeling bad. "OK, now this is weird, what happened to me?" I wonder.

Everything comes back to me again, the bite, the Inquisitor, the attack on the Inquisitor. Now that I'm not running for my life again I'm once again comprehending everything that has happened to me. Now I really have to ask, what is this place? Somehow the Galactic Empire, the Sith, the Jedi, and I'm assuming the Rebel Alliance are real here. Yet there are other kinds of things from back in my world that I recognize here so it's definitely not JUST a Star Wars world. That reminds me, somehow I'm also Force-sensitive...so maybe this is my purpose then, to become a Jedi and fight the Empire. Wow...I can become a Jedi...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!

This is it, after 17 uneventful years, I finally get to do something amazing! I can't wait to get started! One problem though, I know a lot of things about the Force but I need to learn from somebody if I want to use the Force properly. I remember that just before I passed out I saw a Jedi fighting the Inquisitor and getting dragged aboard a ship as they fought, if they really did save me from them then it's a safe bet they're on this ship.

 I get up and start walking around looking for the crew, since we're on a ship I wonder where we're going. I walk towards the source of the voices and find a couple of people, sitting in the cockpit. So I am in a ship and from the looks of what's in front of them, we're traveling at light speed, just like the Millennium Falcon. Seeing it in person is such a surreal experience.

"We'll be arriving at our destination soon. We'll just have to pray to the Force that the Empire doesn't get there before we do," the pilot said.

"Good, are weapons prepared in case we need to shoot our way through?" asked the other man.

"Always. Are you sure this is a good idea?" the pilot asked, "We're talking about one of the only sovereign systems left in the galaxy; it's not the kind of place where you just drop in whenever you feel like it."

"I have some connections with the military and the senators running the system. They're aware of the situation and have already approved us for entry. The Anima System is the only place left in the galaxy where he can truly be safe from the Empire."

"Anima System?" I accidentally say out loud.

The second I say that that sense of danger goes off again and I jump up to the ceiling on pure reflex. "Hey! who-" the captain yells surprised as he turns around with his pistol pointed in my direction.

Luckily no shots are fired because the other guy stops him before he can do anything. Upon realizing it was me behind him the pilot lets out a sigh of relief and puts his gun away. "Sorry kid, years and years of combat have left me a bit jumpy."

"Uh, n-no worries," I reply.

"Glad to see you're up and moving, way up if I may say so," the other guy says.

"Huh?"

That's when I realize what he's getting at. For some reason, I failed to comprehend that I was currently upside down and not only that attached to the ceiling by my fingertips and toes. "W-WHAT THE WHAT?!" I quickly look around and then back at the other guy, "HOW THE HECK IS THIS HAPPENING?!"