Chapter 7: My New Ordinary Life

3rd Person P.O.V.

In the normal universe, the police were hard at work searching, searching for any sign of Y/N. A few weeks ago, Steven came back to his parent's home to find a severely damaged house with broken windows, bullet holes in the kitchen, an empty AR-15 laying on the kitchen floor, and no sign of Y/N. Steven was quick to call the police and his parents to notify them of Y/N's sudden disappearance. The house has since become a crime scene with only cops and CSI going in and out. Just off the road, a half a mile from the house, the cops found Y/N's abandoned backpack and bike. It was evident that he had crashed and abandoned his belongings desperate to escape whoever he was being pursued by. But this was where details got messy; the cops deduced that he was then chased back to the house where he pulled out the AR-15 to defend himself. Whoever was after him broke through the windows and the door to get inside when he opened fire. The house was surrounded by strange footprints, none belonging to Y/N, there were likely more but the storms that had come through had washed away a good portion of them. There were still enough to tell that there were a lot of pursuers involved. Unfortunately, the trail ended at the AR-15. There was no other evidence of anyone leaving the house or any other footprints or marks left outside the house indicating an escape.

It was as if the pursuers and the victim just vanished in the middle of the house. That didn't stop the hopeful Steven and the cops from looking for him though. The search spread all over town, investigating all of the surrounding forests, asking extended family, and asking around Y/N's school. Y/N's disappearance was quite a shock to those who had classes with him, it was weird to see him one day and then be gone the next. Some of the students were interested in the prospect of this being a real-life Stranger Things. Steven was among those interrogating and interviewing students and what he heard from them saddened him. Not only did nobody have any answers but none of them seemed to think anything of Y/N, they only knew him as "that quiet kid that draws".

Today, the house was finally cleared and they were allowed back into their home. The mess had been cleaned up and the damages to the house were being repaired. Meanwhile, they had the small army of cops searching the forest around their house again. The mood in the house was somber, Steven was sitting down on the couch and silently and sadly stared at the floor. His parents were outside talking with the police about potential leads. Steven was frustrated, all this investigating and they were no closer to finding Y/N. Not only that but there was nothing he could do but wait, he hated it, he felt so useless.

Steven slammed his fists on the couch, stood up, and went outside. His mind flashed to the last time he saw Y/N, just when he was leaving his house. Even if he couldn't have done anything any way he wished he could have done something to try and prevent it, why did he have to let him go home alone that day? "Damn it all," he muttered, "Y/N, where did you go?"

In Another World...

Y/N P.O.V.

I take a deep breath as I look out at the city below me. I'm currently sitting at the top of one of the tall skyscrapers getting ready for the day. Today is the day I get to test out some improvements I made on the new outfit. After a lot of work and experimentation, what started out as a simple hoodie and pants I got from some local stores turned into something closer to the actual Spider-man; The top consists of a dark red hood with more red on the chest and shoulders and dark blue sleeves and black gloves with red on the fingers. There were also dark blue pants and shoes, around my waist was a belt with my knife attached to the back ready for me to use. The best part though was I was able to make my own Spider-man mask complete with the moving eyes and visual aids just like in the Spider-man game.

 The best part though was I was able to make my own Spider-man mask complete with the moving eyes and visual aids just like in the Spider-man game