Chapter 12: Assault on the Banquet

"Let me go!!!"

Hestia is struggling in Loki's grip as she angrily pinches her cheeks while swinging her around like a ragdoll. All of the other male gods are watching and cheering while Freya watches them amused.

"It's the match of the century, Short and Busty vs. Tall and Flat!"

"I put my money on Short and Busty!"

"I bet on Tall and Flat screwing up at the last minute!"

Having finally had enough, Loki drops Hestia and stomps away, "I'm letting you off easy this time!" she shouts.

"Hey Loki, your chest is so flat I might mistake you for a guy next time I see you!" Hestia shouts.

Loki cries as she stomps up the stairs while Hestia giggles triumphantly as she nurses her swollen cheeks. "I see you two are at it again."

Hestia turns around happily at the sound of a familiar voice.

"Hephaestus! I'm so happy to see you!"

Hephaestus smiles, "I'm happy to see you too, Hestia. Don't think that means I'll give you any money though."

"Oh come on, do I look like the kind of goddess that would go fishing for handouts?"

"You've got a lot of nerve saying that after you freeloaded off of my familia," Hephaestus says seriously causing Hestia to clutch her heart, "after I kicked you out you came crying to me saying you had no familia to support you."

After recovering from Hephaestus' brutally honest onslaught, Hestia straightens herself out. "OK, you're right but things have changed. I have my own familia now!" she says proudly.

"Oh right, that H/C boy from outside the system."

As their conversation shifts towards Y/N, Freya suddenly looks off into the distance as if sensing something troubling. "It was good seeing you again, Hestia, Hephaestus, but I must get going. I think everyone here has gotten their fill of me for now," she says as she walks off.

Hephaestus looks at her with a neutral expression while Hestia looks at her deadpanned. "Hephaestus, I do have a request I would like to make," Hestia says.

Hephaestus looks at her suspiciously, "what kind of request?"

Hestia drops onto her hands and knees and grovels before her, "Please make a weapon for Y/N!"

Hephaestus is a little surprised, "Hestia..."

Their conversation is interrupted by a violent rumbling which immediately concerns, Hestia, Hephaestus, Loki, and the other gods. Loki comes back to the balcony, "What the hell is that?!"

"Everyone, you must evacuate now! The Ganesha Familia home is under attack!" one of the Ganesha familia members cries coming in.

"Under attack?" Hestia wonders aloud.