Chapter 11: Uninvited Guests

3rd Person P.O.V.

It's been two days since Y/N met Syr and Ryuu and thanks to his regenerative abilities he's completely healed after getting hurt in the dungeon. Y/N could've just gone to Aqua to have her heal his injuries but Hestia insisted she takes care of him. And now Hestia is updating his stats and what big changes in stats they were.

Y/N L/N

Job: Adventurer

Class: Polymath

Level 26

Strength: 4168 -> 4295

Dexterity: 1876 -> 1996

Agility: 1885 -> 2001

Endurance: 2683 -> 2852

Luck: 180 -> 212

Magic:

Skills: Spider Strength, Spider-sense, Wall Crawling, Increased Healing, Force Sensitivity, Weapons Crafting

Hestia is understandably shocked, "How is he growing this fast?" she wonders thinking back to when she found Y/N in rough shape, "I knew what happened was out of the ordinary but that's not enough to explain this. Y/N doesn't have any leveling up skills or any magic that can do it so what's causing this?"

Hestia tried her best to come up with an explanation, one possibility came to her mind. "Y/N has always wanted to become a really strong adventurer and when he came home that resolve was stronger than I've ever seen it in him. After that he gets the biggest jump in level I've ever seen...is it...some kind of manifestation of will?"

Y/N P.O.V.

She gets off of me and hands me the paper with the stats on it and I can't believe what I'm seeing, "H-Hestia are you sure this is right?!"

"Yeah, I'm just as amazed as you are," she says.

"I can't believe it, it's really possible, I'll keep getting stronger, strong enough to protect Hestia and everyone else! I DON'T CARE HOW CLICHED IT SOUNDS I'LL DO IT!!!"

I glance over at Hestia and see her giggling, "I still don't have any definitive answers on why you're leveling up so quickly but I think part of the reason for it is you have a serious desire to get stronger."

"Well, that's anime logic if I've ever heard it. I do, I really do."

"I respect your wishes, Y/N. Whatever you want to do I want to help you in any way I can. Just...please don't overdo it, I'm begging you please don't leave me all alo-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there."

I pull her into a hug, "This will always be my home and you will always be my precious goddess. It doesn't matter where my journey takes me I will always come back to you, that's a promise."

Hestia snuggles into me, "Looks like I was worried over nothing. I guess I've been alone for so long I haven't gotten used to the fact that I've got a familia. Sometimes it still feels like a dream."

"I feel the exact same way, sometimes I feel like one day I'm gonna wake up back in school with this all having been a dream...I...I...I don't ever want to be without you, Hestia."

I didn't think it was possible for us to be any closer than we already are and yet she's pulling us closer together. "I don't ever want to be without you either Y/N."

Neither of us says anything else as we just relax in this comfortable embrace, she's so soft and warm. "I don't care what it takes, I'll protect her to the bitter end."