Chapter 10: Tavern Waifus

A crate goes flying and slams into some guys causing them to cry out in pain before instantly passing out. "Kill that piece of shit!" a big guy in a suit shouts.

"Crap!"

I jump and swing out of the way to the next level of the construction site whilst avoiding all of the bullets. I swing kicking one guy into a wall with both feet before sweeping the next guy's feet out from under him and webbing him to the floor. I get out of sight as some of the guys come up to find me and I take a peek at the leader and his guys at the bottom"Do NOT let him get away, we've been setting this up for too long to just let it get spoiled!" he says before stepping away from the scene.

"You ain't going nowhere buddy, you've got a date with justice and I won't let you stand 'er up," I whisper, "God I sound like a loser." 

The other guys are walking around looking for me with their guns ready. "I guess I'll have to take care of the backup dancers first, it would be rude of me to keep them waiting."

I sneak around them and jump to the opposite wall. One of the groups of guys is bunched up together and I see some scaffolding next to them. I shoot two webs at the scaffolding and pull it down. "Oh shit, no!" I hear one of the guys yell as the whole group momentarily panics before the scaffolding falls on them.

The scaffolding breaks apart over the guys knocking some of them out while keeping others pinned to the ground and the others are lying on the ground clearly in pain. I can't risk the free guys getting up and attacking me again so I shoot webs at them pinning them to the ground. then the rest of the guys start rushing out. I shoot a web and slide pull myself forward sliding into the middle of the group before and then using both feet I kick one guy and send him flying into a wooden crate smashing it in the process and knocking him out. I then see two of the guys about to start shooting at me and I web them both by their legs and yank their feet out from under them making them fall. I decide to get a conversation going as I'm kicking ass, I am Spider-man after all. "Man it took you this long to react to the sound of your buddies getting smashed? Do you guys need to have a committee meeting every time you need to check something out?"

As I am talking I punch and kick every guy that gets close. What makes it even more satisfying is that I'm using all of these martial arts techniques pretty fluidly, I feel like one of those martial arts masters from action movies. I push kick a guy into two others knocking them down. my spider-sense alerts me to a guy behind me. I jump up and backflip into the air behind the guy and I shoot two webs at the ground and slingshot myself back at the guy slamming into him and knocking him out instantly. 

My spider-sense goes off again and I see another one about to fire, I quickly move out of his line of fire flipping onto one hand and shooting a web at his face before flipping back to my feet. I shoot a web at the next guy and launch myself at him punching him in the face and then hitting him with a few different kicks before finishing him off with a backflip kick. I sent the guy flying into the concrete wall and the impact knocks him out. Sometimes I'm still amazed by how much strength I have behind my punches, it feels dangerously awesome. 

The rest of the guys all come at once; I finish the first guy off sliding under and behind him delivering a spinning kick to the back of the head. The next guy runs at me and swings a crowbar, I narrowly dodge it and uppercut the guy 20 feet into the air. Then I jump up to him and continue the beatdown punching him a few times before finishing him off with a mid-air roundhouse kick. Now there's only one left, seeing the guy ready himself I swing down slamming into the guy with the signature Spider-man swing kick. The guy flies into a concrete pillar and limply falls to the ground. I land on the ground doing a Spider-man pose, I feel like such a dork doing this but looks and feels awesome. It's not over yet though.