Chapter 5: The Adventure Begins

Y/N P.O.V.

"HOLY CRAP!!!" I shout.

I'm standing on top of a building in the middle of Neo Orario and the city is huge! I can barely see the edge of the city, it's definitely much bigger than the Orario I know from the anime. Out there I can see a bunch of woodsy parks and actual forest within the city's walls. Where I'm at, it's like I'm overlooking Times Square although it's surprisingly not as crowded. There were all kinds of cars driving on the roads and several flying vehicles up above. What's really strange about the design is up above, the taller buildings look almost like something out of cyberpunk but down on the ground level, the architecture is closer to something I would see back home or in Danmachi. What's more, it's not just humans that walk these streets; there are elves, dwarfs, nekomatas, and all kinds of other different kinds of people. It was surreal enough meeting Hestia and the Sith Inquisitors and now this, I'm completely amazed.

"It's pretty amazing isn't it?" Hestia said walking up behind me.

"Yeah, I've never seen anything like it," I say.

"Where we are now is the downtown area; this is where a lot of the bigger business takes place in Neo Orario outside the central plaza. It's also where the most popular gods and their familias live," she says looking at one of the big mansion-looking buildings.

Out of the mansion walks a bunch of adventurers who I assume are the familia, they're not any adventurers I recognize from the show though. "And I thought Alnwick was huge," I say.

"Yeah, I'm a goddess and this place makes me feel so insignificant at times," said Hestia.

She pointed south where I could see a bunch of other cool buildings and what looked like a huge amphitheater and a sports arena, "Everything down south is a part of the Entertainment District. There are all kinds of fun stuff to do like concerts and sports events, there's also the Colosseum. The Ganesha familia sometimes hosts big events there. There's lots of other cool and fun stuff you can do there but you have to be careful not to go too far in or else you'll end up in the red-light districts."

"Figures there'd be a place like that here," I say.

"Everyone still has their desires, some like to express theirs more than others," said Hestia.

"Yeah, I guess so. Anyway, what's next?"

"Over to the west is where we live, that's where the marketplace and a lot of the small businesses are. Then over to the east is where most of the schools and churches are at, the biggest of the schools is called Furusato Academy. If for whatever reason, you want to go and further your education you can go there and the best part is adventurers don't have to worry about attending class every day so they can go whenever they want. Anything you're learning you can learn at any of the other schools that are here within the city too."

"That's...convenient. I've spent most of my childhood in school so I'm not in any hurry to go back," I say.

"OK then, you never know though, you could learn some pretty valuable stuff," Hestia says.

"Yeah maybe," I say, "For now though I'd like to see what lies in store for me as an adventurer."

"Well, in that case, let's make our way to Babel."

Hestia leads me to Neo Orario's central plaza, it's here that I get to appreciate just how big Babel actually is. The tower is HUGE, I can't see the top of it and at the base, it is much wider than any of the other buildings I've seen so far in Neo Orario. On the outside, it's exactly how I remember it from the show, very old and ancient-looking. Around the tower is the empty stone street with a bunch of small garden areas and trees decorating it and there are all kinds of adventurers going in and out of the tower, some looking worse for wear than others, must have just come out of the dungeon. It's like I'm at some huge cosplay event, except their outfits are legit.