Chapter 4: My New Home

Hestia is currently making us both some dinner, I still can't get over all of this. I'm really here in this world with Hestia...so...the world of Danmachi exists here too...just how much cool stuff exists in this world?! I look over at Hestia, she has her back turned to me as she is cooking, it smells really good. I can also see a little bit of her face from where I'm sitting. I always thought she was pretty when I watched the show but seeing her in person...wow... My cheeks get a little red looking at her. She turns back around right at that moment, "it's almost ready, Y/N," she says.

Startled, my cheeks go a little redder, "Ah, OK, it smells really good," I say sheepishly.

Hestia giggles, "Good, I hope you like it," she says, "so cute..."

"Huh, what was that," I ask unsure if I heard that right.

"Oh, n-nothing," she says quickly turning around.

"Wow, did Hestia call me cute...?"

A few minutes later, Hestia brings out two plates of dinner. I'm just now realizing how hungry I am, it's just a simple sausage, bacon, and egg dinner and yet I'm practically salivating looking at it. In addition to running for my life and almost getting blown to bits, I have not eaten since I arrived in this world.

"Alright here you go, eat up!" she says cheerfully.

"Wow, looks tasty," I say before I take a bite, "and it tastes even better!"

Hestia got the biggest smile on her face when I said that, "I'm so happy you like it! Feel free to eat as much as you like. Your complexion tells me you haven't eaten yet today."

"Is it really that obvious? I guess it's been such a roller coaster of a day that I haven't had time to really think about it. Also thank you so much for all of this, I'm not sure what I'd be doing now if you didn't find me," I say.

"Think nothing of it, I'm happy to help somebody who's in trouble. And it's kinda funny, you say that I found you but it's more like you found me."

"Huh?"

I look at her confused, "When your pod crashed, it crashed just outside of my home. From the city, I was able to see a little bit of what happened up in the atmosphere before I saw your pod come down here."

"Heh, I guess I did then, didn't I? So just to be clear, where is here exactly?"

"This city is called Neo Orario, the capital of Arayna, the 6th planet of the Anima System."

So...lots to unpack from that. First of all, Neo Orario? I know Orario was the city that Danmachi takes place in so this is definitely different. I guess I should expect that there are likely to be some differences in a world like this. Then I can really confirm it now...this is for real...Hestia...and the world of Danmachi exist here too...suddenly the name Anima System makes a lot more sense. It's a little on the nose if I may say so. I guess the most important thing though is that I'm finally safe from the Empire's clutches. "So we made it," I say relieved.

Then something else hits me, "Wait! I was with two others who were being attacked while I came down! Do you know what happened to them?! Are they OK?!"

Hestia rushes over and places both of her petite hands on my shoulders, "It's OK, Y/N," she says comfortingly, "They made it out alive. Arayna's forces entered the fight and were able to escort them down to the planet. They landed a little bit before you woke up."

"Thank goodness, do you know how they were doing?"

"They were admitted to a hospital after they landed. Their shipped looked pretty beat up so I'm sure they were hurt pretty bad but it's nothing they won't be able to recover from," Hestia explained.