Chapter 13: Harvests and Half-Elves

I swing my sword utilizing the Form 2 techniques unleashing powerful Force waves with each slash, each as powerful as they were the night I trained in the warehouse. The waves of Force energy rattle the junk hills around me. It's been three days since my fight with the Rhino; thanks, once again, to my enhanced healing and Aqua's healing magic I'm back on my feet today, I'm still pretty sore though. Since the fight, my control over the Force has been much greater and I'm finally able to fully utilize the Force to the extent that I was able to that night I trained at the warehouse. I've been able to pick up on some other Force abilities too; some of these completely by accident.

Flashback...

I'm just relaxing in the bed, Aqua had returned for a visit and healed me a short time ago so now I'm just recovering stamina and trying to alleviate the soreness. Since I've got nothing better to do, I'm drawing in my sketchbook while listening to music. This time, since the memory is fresh in my mind I'm drawing a picture of Hestia and Aqua having one of their arguments while Syr watches concerned and Ryuu watches with a neutral expression. I chuckle as I observe the finished product, not bad if I do say so myself.

I sense Syr walking up the stairs and turn to the door right as she opens it and walks in. "You still doing OK, Y/N?" she asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine Syr," I tell her.

"I probably shouldn't be coming up here so much. I don't want to bother him."

"You're not a bother at all Syr. I like having you around."

Syr cries out in surprise and falls against the door frame, weird. "You OK, Syr?" I ask chuckling.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine...how did you know what I was thinking?"

I stop. "What she was thinking? Did I just sense her thoughts? And I did it so casually, this has never happened before," I think.

I'm pretty sure this ability is called Force Empathy, the ability to sense the thoughts and feelings of others. I've been able to do it to some extent before never like this. On top of how much I'm able to casually sense everything around me, my fight with the Rhino must have really bumped up my Force abilities. "E-Eh, sorry Syr, Jedi have the ability to sense the thoughts and feelings of people around them. It just kinda happened," I tell her.

Syr smiles cutely, "There's no need to apologize, that's a pretty amazing ability," she says, she turns and starts talking to herself, "I wonder if he could tell if somebody lo-"

She cuts herself off and her face goes bright red and she starts shaking her head. I don't have to sense her thoughts to understand where she's going with that. It's not like she's thinking about me like that anyway...

Back to the present...

Master Aita continues to observe every swing of the sword. "Take it easy, Y/N. You're leaning into your swings too much. You leave yourself vulnerable when you do that," he advises.

"Right."

I stop and steady myself and resume swinging this time without trying too hard to deliver a powerful strike. This time my swings are more controlled and feel more natural. If I keep at this I can eventually figure out how to maximize power output while also staying in control of my swings. Right as I finish another swing, I sense danger behind me and two training remotes fire laser bolts from the junk piles. Instead of dodging, I hold out my hand again trying to use Tutaminis; I manage to change the trajectory of the first bolt a little bit but it still grazes my hand and the next laser does the same thing. As the training remotes charge up, Master Aita speaks, "At its core, using Tutaminis isn't too different from using Telekinesis. All you're doing is using the Force to manipulate the energy, so try that instead of just trying to block it."