𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐚

Her story...

(FLASHBACK)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

AN ORPHAN-FOREIGN-TEEN-GIRL wanders around a abandoned place. She just got out from her work by cleaning other houses and washing dishes at every restaurant, day and night but she got fired for a framed mistake of one of the employees and stealing.

"I work too hard...But in the end, it's not worth it..." She sighed and sat on the ground as she looks for a new job in her old phone with crack on the screen. Fatigue went to her and slightly fell asleep with the cold relaxing breeze touching her skin.

"This is why you're parents left you!"

"Look at the camera!"

She shrugged at the noise and when she looks for the voices, she was shocked.

"Help me!"

"Let me out!"

She watches as couple of teenagers surrounds an old van with a held captive inside. She took out her phone to call 119 but it shut down, out of battery. "Shit...Aish."

She tries to find a way to help the begging girl, but 6 teenagers is too much for her to handle in a fight and she is also scared to end up like the girl. She remembers the details while she eavesdropped at them. Cheong-A Arts High School. Anna Lee. Min Seola. 

"Idiot! You started a fire!"

She was startled when she heard it. She watches them, checking if they're going to help the captive girl but instead they run away.

"Unbelievable!" She whisper-yelled. When they left, she quickly went to the van to help.

"Oh, Please help me!"

The girl keeps banging on the window. She looks around and saw a rock. "Get out of the way!" She yelled and smashes it to the window.

She quickly pulled out the girl and they both landed on the dirt. Out of breath.

"Are you okay?" She asks, the brunette girl nodded as a response.

She took the injured girl to her home at Bosok Village. They entered and a dog ran to them that make the other girl startled.

"It' okay...It's Sugar..." She chuckled at the girl. "Look Sugar, she's the girl who save me from the bullies." She watches the girl named Seola pat the dog's head.

"I...Would gladly bring you to the Hospital but, I don't have money..." She looks down and looks around.

"It's okay, what's more important is you save me." Seola smiles at her while she slowly lay on her bed, tired.

"Do you need anything? Water? Do you have some bandages?" She ask worriedly seeing the sight of the girl.

"Water is fine." She nodded at what she said and finds a glass of water.

"Thank you...again..." She drank the water in one gulp.

"Where are your parents?" She bluntly ask Seola.

"Well...I have no parents, I'm an orphan."

There was an awkward silence.

"How about you? Maybe they're already worried finding for you." Seola said. The girl smile sadly.

"I wish I have parents...Hope they're really finding for me..." She fidgets with her fingers. "I'm an orphan too..." 

Seola held her hand. "I'm sure that there will be someone who will adopt you and take care of you..."

"Let's be friends, since you know my name...What's yours?"

"I call myself Hera mostly..."

"Well, nice to meet you...Hera."

(11/19/2021)